We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oxbow & South Beach Gardens

Which Penticton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia...
reviews: 8
Oxbow & South Beach Gardens

Hi, we have been camping in the Penticton area for quite a few years. Our kids are now 11 and 16, the other family we camp with their kids are much the same ages. Usually we camp at South Beach.

Oxbow (next door) looks so much nicer, with lots of green grass, yet they are more expensive, and they don't allow dogs that are over a certain size (ours are larger), they won't allow laundry lines (for beach towels and such), so we usually stay at South Beach as I said.

South Beach is much, much larger, with a lot of camping sites, that are quite close together (as are most these days) and very dusty with very little grass, and depending where on the property you are, can be very noisy, as they are right along the very busy highway, with transport trucks all night. I think their web-site has a property map. They do have a small kids play area (maybe even 2).

Both are a perfect location, being across the street from Skaha Lake, great for camping families.

Wherever you do stay, have a great time, and enjoy the area for all it has to offer.

bc
1. Re: Oxbow & South Beach Gardens

We stayed at the south beach gardens for 5 nights. Not once did we see them clean the bathrooms, which for $40 a night, you would think they would provide soap, they did not. The campground smelled like garbage, instead of emptying an overflowing garbage bin, they come by with a backhoe and squish it down!! The fish pond lent the smell of dead rotten fish.

The customer service is HORRIBLE!! They are rude!! Not willing to please their customers!! and all we asked for was to see if there was a bigger site, as we had a truck/camper, and were with the tents!!One worker said that the lack of service was not his problem!!!

There are so many rules, it would be easier for them to make a list of what you can do!! We will never stay at this campground again!!

Mission
2. Re: Oxbow & South Beach Gardens

I agree with Sun1008. It is horrible

Calgary, Alberta...
reviews: 19
3. Re: Oxbow & South Beach Gardens

We have been staying at South Beach Gardens for the last 30 some years and to say it smelled like garbage was not called for.

Did you ask why the garbage was not emptied? I have, they don't empty the garbage on Sunday's and if it is a long weekend then Monday as well in some cases. The truck comes every morning to dump the dumpsters in the park Monday to Saturday.

The owners are accomadating if you ask nicely and have witnessed numerous times very rude people that demand the moon because I paid for my spot.

Supply soap for the $40.00 per night you paid??? What campground does that? Let me know!

I paid $35.00 pulling into an RV place in Revelstoke late one evening (midnight) just to park so I could sleep and this was with no hookups. Is that fair?? No, but it was overlooked.

Yes there are some faults that one has to overlook in any campground or hotel you stay in.

Happy Camping!

4. Re: Oxbow & South Beach Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 24, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Penticton