We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tours from Nanaimo to Victoria and Buchart gardens

Which Nanaimo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blenheim, New...
Day tours from Nanaimo to Victoria and Buchart gardens

Need to do a day tour from Nanaimo to Victoria and Buchart gardens, and returning to Nanaimo using public transport, any tour companies , or recommendations of how to achieve this in October.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
1. Re: Day tours from Nanaimo to Victoria and Buchart gardens

Greyhound has an options for you - www.greyhound.ca - but the timing is not the best. It leaves Nanaimo at 8:30 arriving Victoria 11:00 am or so. The return bus leaves at 5:30. Not a lot of time in Victoria.

Then to get to Butchart Gardens, you would need to take public transit (1.5 hours from downtown Victoria) or the Gray Line West shuttle bus. They don't advertise this service on their website as they prefer to sell their full tours of Butchart Gardens. You would need to phone their toll free number once you are here to enquire about their schedule. http://graylinewest.com/

Others may be along with tour company day trip information out of Nanaimo, but I have not been able to find an option. Most people would drive between the towns of Vancouver Island as transit is not convenient and there would not be much call for tour companies out of Nanaimo.

Nanaimo, Canada
2. Re: Day tours from Nanaimo to Victoria and Buchart gardens

I work for Tourism Nanaimo, and we have found that the most inexpensive way to do a day trip and not worry about time crunching is to rent a car if you can. The company Rent-a-wreck in Nanaimo has a great price of about $40.00 for a day. Which would allow you to take your time on the drive, and maybe even stop in some other towns like Ladysmith, Chemanus, and Duncan.

If you can't rent a car, I would suggest going with the previous suggestion and using the Greyhound.

Hope this helps!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
reviews: 302
3. Re: Day tours from Nanaimo to Victoria and Buchart gardens

Agreed! There are no tour companies that offer anything close to this service. I think your only real options are to either rent a car, as mentioned or go from Nanaimo to Victoria for a night.

4. Re: Day tours from Nanaimo to Victoria and Buchart gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 03, 2011