We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Car Rental - Scam - Take your business elsewhere.

Which Kamloops hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
National Car Rental - Scam - Take your business elsewhere.

I will never be renting another vehicle from National Rent a Car in Kamloops on Victoria Street. I have a receipt for $180.01. Instead they charged me $1352.65 behind my back.

The car was returned damage free and in perfect condition in Vancouver after I had confirmed that I could drop the car in Vancouver, and there would be NO DROP FEE. The original cost was $129 and they added a $50 drop fee! There is no legitimate reason they could charge me a drop fee, and the ridiculous amount of $1352.65 for a 3 day car rental. I have been fighting them for over a month, to no avail.

Please share this with your friends and family and take your business elsewhere.

I keep calling them and I get told I will get a call back. It never happens. National Car Rental is a scam.

Edited: 2:13 pm, August 19, 2013
2 replies to this topic
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
1. Re: National Car Rental - Scam - Take your business elsewhere.

just dispute it with you cc company. Its much easier that way. National normally charges a high daily rate instead of a drop charge. Does your original contract clearly show a rate with a drop in Vancovuer?? If so you have a very legitimate complaint. You can always sue in small claims court.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 52
2. Re: National Car Rental - Scam - Take your business elsewhere.

Check the T&Cs of the paperwork you signed to see what exactly was included. What did they say the huge extra charges were for? Then when you have a clear understanding of the contract, file a dispute with your Credit Card Company. They will be very familiar with these disputes for rental charges. You will not be the first. Let them do the back and forth with National.

Reply to: National Car Rental - Scam - Take your business elsewhere.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted