We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight stay between Jasper and Kelowna

Which Kamloops hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich, United...
reviews: 34
Overnight stay between Jasper and Kelowna

I've sent out a few emails to various hotels/motels in Kamloops for an overnight stay in August. Would anybody recommend a particular hotel and perhaps a good place to eat in the town? Would appreciate some guidance, if possible. Thanks.

Kamloops, BC...
1. Re: Overnight stay between Jasper and Kelowna

Hi Dugard --

Kamloops has all the usual suspects - I would recommend the Coast Hotel property - affordable and in a central but generally quiet location - we stayed there when evacuated during the forest fires a couple of years ago - they went out of their way to make things pleasant for us - and didn't take advantage of the situation by jacking up their prices - also, they have a liquor store adjacent to the hotel proper if you want a quiet drink at home --

I think that the two best restaurants in town are The Brownstone - interesting fusion-type menu - classic preparations of great fresh ingredients www.brownstone-restaurant.com and This Old Steak & Fish House - terrific steaks and prime rib and fresh fish - well prepared- www.steakandfishhouse.com

Both places have very nice wine selections, well chosen for their menus -- Neither is particularly cheap - but each is good value when you consider the quality - and since you're travelling on Sterling - you won't find the rates onerous --

BTW - make sure that you have lots of film or memory card capacity for this drive - Mt. Robson is fabulous on a clear day - you'll drive right past it and you'll want to be able to take some pix -

Have a great trip --