We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

Which Kamloops hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new zealand
Drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

What is the winter drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

Kamloops
1. Re: Drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

Easy three hour drive depending on if a major snow storm is happening. Very high travelled route so snow plows keep it open all the time.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Sun+Peaks&1s=BC&2c=Vernon&2s=BC

Sunpeaks to Kamloops = 60 min.

Kamloops to Vernon = 90 min.

Vernon to Silver Star = 30 min.

I believe all these times are generous and are obviously snow driving dependant. Very easy getting to/from each location.

Attached map does not show the Vernon to Silver Star route but I am guessing that the Silver Star web site will have info.

Hope this helps :0)

new zealand
2. Re: Drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

Thanks BC boy any reccomendations on a car rental company in Vernon as we will need to hire a car for the day. Is the drive scenic/worth doing for a day trip to check out Sun Peaks.

Kamloops, Canada
3. Re: Drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

Found two rental groups for you, have never rented vehicles so don't know pros/cons of either business.

www.discountcar.com/English/Locations.cfm…

www.bcbudget.com/Locations/Vehicle/ver.htm

Drive from Vernon to Kamloops goes through several small towns and farm/countrysides. On the shore of one lake and along a river. Kamloops is about 100,000 population and a larger community in BC. Drive from Kamloops to Sunpeaks mirrors above comments. Majority of the route is either two or four lane highway (80-100km speeds). I have driven the route probably close to a million times :0) so am not a great referrence to scenic qualities although I think it is good.

Hope this helps.

4. Re: Drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 17, 2009