We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth to Vancouver

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth
reviews: 1
Perth to Vancouver

We are planning a trip next year (2015) which will include canada and USA for around 8 weeks. What is the best way to get to Vancouver from Perth and then back to perth from the USA. Thanks in advance

6 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
1. Re: Perth to Vancouver

Welcome to the forum, impwa ~

The search engines you could use for finding flights are:

www.skyscanner.net and

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

These website will give you results for airlines, routing (non stop, 1 stop, 2 stops), travel time. But don't buy anything from those websites. You don't want a middleman of any kind when booking flights. Book directly with the airline and make sure you buy one ticket, not separate tickets. Having all your legs on one ticket to final destination is more secure for you if one plane happens to be late arriving and you miss your onward connection.

You might like to ask this question on the Air Travel Forum. Many of the regular posters there have a real life in the industry and travel a lot in a year. They would give you some good suggestions. Here is the link to the ATF:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

The best time to come to Canada will be from end May to end September.

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 28
2. Re: Perth to Vancouver

There is a direct flight from Sydney to Vancouver, B. C. with Air Canada. It's 15 hours, if I remember correctly. A long time to be one plane, but I preferred it over the days in the 70s and 80s when it took me three legs to get there.

I think Los Angeles would be the best bet from the USA for a direct flight back to Oz.

You might want to consider a stop in Hawaii one way, just to break up your trip.

Welcome to Trip Advisor too!

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
3. Re: Perth to Vancouver

Flying definitely-walking just just do it not at all.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
4. Re: Perth to Vancouver

LOL Sam, you beat me to it. Swimming would also be a bad idea. :)

If finding the flights yourself feels overwhelming, don't be afraid to use a travel agent. I love my travel agent. Use her for all sorts of things.

Greater Sydney...
reviews: 61
5. Re: Perth to Vancouver

G'day imp, and welcome to TA.

The Air Canada direct flight from Sydney is actually 14 hours. Your challenge is to get a through booking from Perth as neither Qantas or Virgin are co-members of Star alliance with AC. AirKiwi is a member and flies direct from Auckland to Vancouver several times a week and I note that you can get a non-stopper PER to AUC on AirKiwi

Another option you could consider would be a one-stopper with Cathay via HK. One thing I would do is avoid LAX if possible.

Edited: 2:21 am, June 08, 2014
Australia
reviews: 6
6. Re: Perth to Vancouver

Hi . Have you thought of going Via Japan . Discovered Japan Last year amazing !! We are going to Vancouver in 2015 and are having 2 weeks in Japan to break up the Journey . But that's our preference to always try to break up long flights . The easiest way back is always going to be from Lax or SF, via Hawaii or NZ or maybe Fiji .

Reply to: Perth to Vancouver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted