We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jasper and beyond last week in August

Which Jasper hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paris, Ohio
Jasper and beyond last week in August

Now with a firmer itinerary! we'll be arriving in Jasper (ViaRail-the one-way car rental was amazingly expensive) on Aug 23, to leave from Calgary Aug. 30. Just trying to determine where to stay that would be less expensive but still clean and quiet. I've been reading the reviews for help. We like bed and breakfasts. We'd be open to something between Jasper and Calgary as we're renting a car. Are cabins available in the area?

Also kind of formulating what to do when, and we've been helped with our tripleA agent with that.

Any hints are welcome!

thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 86
1. Re: Jasper and beyond last week in August

I would suggest splitting your stay between Jasper and Banff, to give you time to visit both national parks. You can also visit Yoho National Park from a base in Banff NP. Depending on the timing of your flight out of Calgary, you may have to overnight there, the night before.

Jasper PHAs (private home accommodations - there are a few that offer continental breakfast) are listed here: www.stayinjasper.com Since hotels are so expensive, they are the logical alternative. There are about 150 in town, but things are getting booked up so I would suggest making enquiries and getting something booked asap.

Cabins and hotels are at www.jasper.travel , and for Banff National Park, www.banfflakelouise.com (Banff B&Bs are also listed on that site).

Some (many?) PHAs or B&Bs do not pay agency commissions, so your AAA agent may be reluctant to book those.

Saint Paris, Ohio
2. Re: Jasper and beyond last week in August

Thank you for the links! things are filling up quickly, I've found, and expected at this point.

Digging in here and will get 'em booked!

Moose Jaw, Canada
reviews: 32
3. Re: Jasper and beyond last week in August

take some time to go up to maligne lake and canyon. there are a couple of nice hikes at both. there is a boat tour of the lake if you have time. its about $50.00 per person, but I really enjoyed it. some very beautiful scenery.

there is enough to do in Jasper to last a week if you want.

Reply to: Jasper and beyond last week in August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted