We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

liquor store

Which Jasper hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough
reviews: 70
liquor store

Does anyone know if there is a liquor store near the Sawridge Inn? Thanks.

8 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 522
1. Re: liquor store

Here is a yellow pages search of liquor stores in Jasper:

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/1/Spirit+%26+Liquor+Stores/Jasper+AB

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 86
2. Re: liquor store

There are something like six liquor and wine stores in Jasper, but they are all located downtown, which is about a fifteen or twenty minute walk from the Sawridge Inn (or a two minute drive). The closest would be the Liquor Lodge, which is on the 400 block of Patricia Street.

Middlesbrough
3. Re: liquor store

Thanks. We won't have a car but don't mind the walk. We like a glass of wine on an evening and the price of wine in restaurants seems very elevated compared to Europe. We normally pay about 10 dollars for a high end Rioja when dining out in Spain. Other than the high cost of alcohol menu prices seem very reasonable - before taxes and service charge at least!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 522
4. Re: liquor store

yeah....alcohol is a lot more expensive in Canada.....

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 86
5. Re: liquor store

The price for a bottle of wine in a restaurant is usually close to double what you can buy it for at a store, sometimes even more. A "drinkable" bottle of wine retails for $10 to $15 in Jasper. The shops in Jasper don't discount like they do in larger centres. I am in Edmonton right now and just had a walk through the Costco liquor store and they have bottles starting at $8, and many that in Jasper are in the $15 to $20 range are $10 to $15. (Yes, we will be doing a bit of stocking up before we head home!)

Last time we were in Spain, we found lots of enjoyable wines in the 4 to 7 Euro range, or about C$7 to $10. There's nothing like that here though; prices are much higher.

Edited: 7:05 pm, March 19, 2014
Middlesbrough
6. Re: liquor store

I guess the high price of alcohol in Canada helps to explain the state of permanent inebriation of some of the younger Canadians we encountered in Mexico last year - taking advantage whilst they had the chance. Having said that there were plenty of Brits doing their share of overindulging.

We'll just have to pay the going rate in the liquor stores and accept the fact that we are in a tourist area. We have a busy schedule so won't be drinking too much but we do like a nice tipple on an evening.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
reviews: 31
7. Re: liquor store

My husband and I usually hit Superstore liquore store before heading out (pack it in your trunk). We don't usually buy any alcohol in Jasper or Banff.

Middlesbrough
8. Re: liquor store

We will be coming from Vancouver via Kamloops on the Rocky Mountaineer so won't have a car so I think we'll have to put up with the higher prices.

Reply to: liquor store
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted