We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jasper - Hotel / Resort / else ?

Which Jasper hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Haifa, Israel
reviews: 20
Jasper - Hotel / Resort / else ?

Hi,

As a part of a July summer family (2 adults, 3 girls ages 10, 12 & 14) vacation we will be spending two weeks in Canada - Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Kamloops, Whistler, Vancouver.

My question goes towards accommodation in the Jasper area. We typically opt for well positioned hotels, but thinking to change and to merge with nature in our 3 night Jasper stay. We will have a car, so being a bit off road should not be a problem. Saying this, I am not sure we care to be within the national park, but not knowing the area, I am not sure that what I write make sense....

I will appreciate thoughts and accommodation recommendations base don the above please.

7 replies to this topic
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 80
1. Re: Jasper - Hotel / Resort / else ?

For the Jasper area specifically, you either want to be IN the park, or west of the park in British Columbia. However, it's an hour's drive west of Jasper townsite before there are any accommodations (in Mt. Robson Provincial Park) and the main area where you'll find anything is the town of Valemount, BC, which is about 120 km west of Jasper townsite - so staying in BC is not really a great option if sightseeing in Jasper National Park is what you are coming for. For that, the Jasper townsite or outlying accommodations in the park itself are your best bet... the town is quite centrally located in the park, so is a good base for the entire park. The next closest town outside of the park to the east is Hinton, an unattractive industrial town with a stinky pulp mill. It's an hour's drive east of Jasper townsite.

In the park, you have a choice of the accommodations within the townsite - hotels, PHAs (private home accommodations) and B&Bs - and outside of the townsite, there are a number of hostels, lodges and cabin accommodations. You can find hotels, cabins, lodges and hostels listed at www.jasper.travel and PHAs and B&Bs at www.stayinjasper.com .

Edited: 12:42 pm, June 08, 2013
NJ
reviews: 17
2. Re: Jasper - Hotel / Resort / else ?

you might want to check out pine bungalows, alpine village, or patricia lake for your family all cabin style (since you have a car it works) pine bungalows is not 5 star but their location is, right on the athabasca river (which you should take a raft ride on!- great fun and not too wild at all.

Haifa, Israel
3. Re: Jasper - Hotel / Resort / else ?

Thank you for the above.

pal0242 - did you refer to the Alpine Village Cabin Resort (http://www.alpinevillagejasper.com/) ? It is rated high in Tripadvisor and I may give them a call as I am running out of time.... is that the right move ?

Haifa, Israel
4. Re: Jasper - Hotel / Resort / else ?

I continued reading more hotel reviews and I have to admit that I am stuck.

I will appreciate your recommendation on a good location to stay at a cost of roughly $300 / night (unless I am aiming too low).

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 80
5. Re: Jasper - Hotel / Resort / else ?

Yes, that is the accommodation he is referring to. The Alpine Village cabins and the Patricia Lake Bungalows are among the most popular on TripAdvisor here in Jasper National Park. Alpine Village is more "upscale", unless you stay in the "Grove" units at Pat Lake; the rest of the Pat Lake units tend to be a bit more modest. Both are family-run and located fairly close to town, about five and ten minutes' drive, respectively, and neither has onsite dining.

I'm not sure about rooms for five people, but in general in Jasper, $300 would be higher than normal for a double room in high season.

NJ
reviews: 17
6. Re: Jasper - Hotel / Resort / else ?

sorry hadn't been on the site. there is also Pine Bungallows just outside jasper town proper

i have personally stayed at alpine and pine bungallows, alpine definately more upscale but each has its charm.

7. Re: Jasper - Hotel / Resort / else ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, June 21, 2013

Reply to: Jasper - Hotel / Resort / else ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted