We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

two-bed accommodation recommendations in Jasper?

Which Jasper hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 5
two-bed accommodation recommendations in Jasper?

My mom, my baby son and I are planning a quick trip from Calgary to Jasper in late July. We aren't doing any hikes (since hiking with a baby is less than ideal) so we are looking to just take in Lake Louise etc., the scenery along the Icefields Parkway, walk around Jasper in the evening, and then spend one night before heading back the next day.

My son isn't a fantastic sleeper, and my mom isn't either, so we need something with a separate sleeping area - either 1 bedroom with a pull-out bed in the living room, or two bedrooms. We would also love a patio with a BBQ, but that's not 100% necessary. We can spend up to $350 for the night.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I am overwhelmed with the choices! Also a lot of places seem to be adults-only...

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 86
1. Re: two-bed accommodation recommendations in Jasper?

There are a lot of private home accommodations that fit your requirements and will be well within your budget (most would be under $175), but most of them will have two-night minimums. They are listed at www.stayinjasper.com - there is a search function there, but unfortunately, it's not going to be super helpful for your purposes... sometimes searching for "2 units" can pull up a 2-bedroom suite, but many of them are rented out as a single unit, so even though they have two licensed rooms, they advertise as one unit. And again, you'll probably run into the two-night minimum. You will probably want to enquire anyway, and hopefully can find a place with a single night vacancy for when you need it, or someone without a minimum. (However, that would usually imply the place in question is in less demand, and the question would be "why?") However, if you were to wait until ten days before your stay and use the online last minute availability report, that would give you a better chance of finding one trying to fill a vacancy last minute, when they may either have only that single night available, or be more willing to "bend" their minimum stay requirement.

The other option is any of the commercial accommodations (hotels, cabins etc.) that have 1 or 2 bedroom units. I know the Best Western Jasper Inn does, and I'm sure at least one of Mountain Park Lodges' various properties does, and you could also enquire with the Decore hotel group... you can basically check almost ten Jasper and area hotels by making three calls. Some of the cabin places, such as Alpine Village, have units with separate bedrooms, but in their case, I believe they also have a minimum stay policy. But if you were to enquire closer to your arrival, you may find that they have single night vacancies here and there, perhaps one to suit your dates.

All the hotels are listed here: www.jasper.travel .

Edited: 6:40 pm, April 25, 2013
Blind Bay, BC
reviews: 6
2. Re: two-bed accommodation recommendations in Jasper?

Try looking here :

tripadvisor.ca/VacationRentals-g154918-Revie…

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 5
3. Re: two-bed accommodation recommendations in Jasper?

Thank you so much. I managed to squeeze in at a homestay spot that was almost fully booked, thanks to your advice :)

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 86
4. Re: two-bed accommodation recommendations in Jasper?

suiteasitgets - for your future reference, only the first two places linked on that page are actually IN Jasper National Park. Both are private home accommodations with minimum stay requirements and neither accepts children, therefore not much help to our OP. The others on that page are all located outside the park, near Hinton, almost an hour's drive from Jasper townsite. Vacation rentals are not legal within the national parks, so that's why you won't find any listed for Banff or Jasper.

guysgirl, glad to hear you found something! Finding single night accommodation in Jasper under $200 in high season can be a bit of a challenge sometimes.

5. Re: two-bed accommodation recommendations in Jasper?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Jasper