We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Mount Robson

Which Jasper hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anglesey
reviews: 30
Day trip to Mount Robson

As Mount Edith Cavell looks like being crossed off our itinerary, we are thinking of other day trips from Jasper. We are already doing Maligne Lake etc one day and the tramway and will be driving back down the Parkway.

Mount Robson looks like a nice drive with great views at the end. Does this sound a good alternative?

We have purchased the annual pass for the parks for our drive from Calgary to Jasper - would we need a different park pass to go to Mount Robson and also would I have a problem taking my car there as I have read of surcharges if you go into BC. We have booked via Dollar.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
11. Re: Day trip to Mount Robson

I have heard that some people have found themselves saddled with extra charges for going outside the bounds of their car rental contract, because some companies have GPS trackers installed in their cars. This may not be true - haven't heard any first-hand reports - but it makes sense that there could be GPS tracking installed in case of theft or other legal difficulties.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
12. Re: Day trip to Mount Robson

If you are not hiking, you may have time to drive as far down as Valemount for lunch. Its a cute little town with some nice eateries and the approach to Mt. Robson on the way back is one of the most spectacular views on the route. Took my breath away.

Anglesey
13. Re: Day trip to Mount Robson

Thanks, Valemount now on our list.

The whole aim of our trip is to see the magnificent scenery so your idea sounds like a good plan.

Anglesey
14. Re: Day trip to Mount Robson

Just found and read the small print on my Dollar booking

Unlimited kilometer rates, when available, are for the province from which you rented, and the bordering provinces or states. Vehicles taken outside of the province or bordering province or state will receive 200 kilometers per day and a charge of 0.25CAD per each additional kilometer. Vehicles are not permitted to travel into Alaska, the Yukon, the North West Territories, Nunavut or Mexico.

So as a bordering province I am reading that it is ok for me to go to BC. Am I correct?

SE Ontario
reviews: 9
15. Re: Day trip to Mount Robson

Ummm - like I said in my earlier post ...

Both Dollar & Thrifty use the same terminology, and yes ... BC is a bordering province...

But if you really want to be sure, then print that out and have them confirm it when you pick up the car...

Anglesey
16. Re: Day trip to Mount Robson

Yes, will print it out, thanks for the advice,

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 87
17. Re: Day trip to Mount Robson

There is a restaurant at Mt. Robson.

I'm not sure when you're coming (other than "next month") but if you are going to Valemount, check with the visitor centre (or at the Mt. Robson one) and ask if the salmon are still running. (They already were, about two weeks ago, and apparently one of the viewing areas is at/near the Valemount visitor centre.)

Anglesey
18. Re: Day trip to Mount Robson

We are in Jasper from the 23rd to 27th September krp :)

19. Re: Day trip to Mount Robson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 16, 2013