We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greyhound

Which Jasper hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
reviews: 2
Greyhound

I have been trying to find the location of the Greyhound terminal in Jasper as I will be using their service on Oct 1st.I had previously been told by a colleague that it was near the Sundog Office but after looking on google maps for directions this doesn't hold true.The address I have for Sundog is 414 Connaught Dr. and 607 Connaught Dr. for Greyhound.This puts them about 26km apart according to google.....PLEASE HELP.....can I purchase a ticket elsewhere,if so where,and if so do I have to travel 26km to board the bus????? Pheewww,thanks in anticipation

Chris the befuddled

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 87
1. Re: Greyhound

The Greyhound bus station is in the train station in Jasper - less than half a block from Sundog Tour's office. They are probably not much more than 26 *metres* apart (not kilometres).

Depending on the time of the bus you will take, the station may not be open (they have limited office hours), so you may need to purchase your ticket in advance.

York, United Kingdom
2. Re: Greyhound

Thank you so much for the reply.I checked the bus time and it is 01:05.It''s the only bus out so yes you are more than likely right about getting the tickets ahead of time.Thanks again,panic over.

Halifax n.s.canada
3. Re: Greyhound

what time does the bus leave on sat. from jasper and does it go to Evansburg or nearby or even Drayton Valley?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
4. Re: Greyhound

Welcome to the TripAdvisor forums, Christie!

A quick check of Greyhound.ca shows 3 departures from Jasper to Evansburg on Sat, Nov 26. (Drayton Valley doesn't seem to be an option.) They're at 2:50 a.m., 6:25 a.m., and 1 pm. However, Greyhound keeps making noises about cutting back their service, so if you're planning a trip at a later date, it's best to check their website or phone them.

As Krp329 noted in #1 above, "Depending on the time of the bus you will take, the station may not be open (they have limited office hours), so you may need to purchase your ticket in advance."

York, United Kingdom
5. Re: Greyhound

I was in Jasper late Sept and if I remember correctly the ticket office is only open until about 2pm.If you have an early morning bus be careful of the elks as they wander the streets and graze on the park land opposite the bus station.Eight of them walked right infront of me as I was waiting for a bus at one in the morning.Oh and it's rutting season so take care.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 87
6. Re: Greyhound

Rutting season is over - it runs from mid-September until mid-to-late October. There are elk, including large bulls, wandering the townsite in the evenings and overnight now, but they are generally not dangerous - give them lots of space and don't bother them, and they'll just ignore you.

7. Re: Greyhound

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 24, 2012