We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just 4 hours to drive from Jasper to Calgary International...

Which Jasper hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Just 4 hours to drive from Jasper to Calgary International...

Hi, I need to catch an International flight from Calgary on Jul. 29th (Friday) at 13:05. If I start driving back from Jasper at 06:00, do you think I can get to the Calgary airport at around 11:00 ? (assuming I am only going at 100 km/hr). I for sure don't want to miss my flight and am willing to cut short my stay in Jasper by 1 day if this is risky. Thanks !

Calgary, Alberta...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Just 4 hours to drive from Jasper to Calgary International...

Hello whos-on-first,

In theory it's possible, but I personally would not risk it. I would spend my last night in Banff or Canmore. That way I'd still be able to enjoy the mountains up to the last minute, but I wouldn't be cutting it so fine.

>>>assuming I am only going at 100 km/hr<<<

The speed limit in Jasper and Banff National Parks is 90 km/hr. It's wise to stick to the speed limit because of the possibility of encountering wildlife on the road. Animals are particularly active early in the morning.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Just 4 hours to drive from Jasper to Calgary International...

I wouldn't advise risking it either. It's a rather long drive (I'd give a rough estimate at approximately 7 hours give or take) so your best bet, as Judy suggested, is to drive down to Banff/Canmore and stay there to enjoy the mountains longer and then make the drive to Calgary Intl. Airport the next day.

Good luck.

Calgary, Canada
3. Re: Just 4 hours to drive from Jasper to Calgary International...

I'd agree that 4 hours would be pushing it, but the drive is more like 5 hours without stops, not 7. It's about 400km from Jasper-Calgary. The speed limit in the park is at most 90km/h; the last 100km is posted at 110 (which seems more like the minimum speed anyone drives). Plus it will take a half-hour to get through Calgary to the airport. There is also the possibility of construction delays along this route.