We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go? How to go? And how long for?

Which Jasper National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire, United...
reviews: 88
Where to go? How to go? And how long for?

We're in the initial stages of planning a 2 week holiday in Canada the second week of which would be an Alaskan cruise. Whilst the cruise company can arrange a land tour we think we would prefer to 'do our own thing'.

It's been suggested to us that we should fly in to Calgary and then Banff and Jasper are the places to visit. We don't like coach travel but would be prepared to do some driving ourselves although long distances are a no no. The cruise would depart from Vancouver and we would like to spend 2 or 3 days there. I know we can travel by train from Jasper to Vancouver but I understand it is an overnight sleeper service and that's ok if we have private facilities (shower and loo) but I don't think they are available so it may be we have to go back to Calgary and fly on to Vancouver.

Any suggestions as to where we should go and how and also how long is needed in each place? Our 2 weeks could extend to 16 or 17 days if absolutely necessary but no longer.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
1. Re: Where to go? How to go? And how long for?

FYI, post has posted on 4 forums altogether. Calgary, Banff and Vancouver. May cause duplication of info.

Hampshire, United...
reviews: 88
2. Re: Where to go? How to go? And how long for?

Yes, thanks, MultiMixandmatch. I read your post on the Calgary and Banff forums.

3. Re: Where to go? How to go? And how long for?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 18, 2014