We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in first week of march 2013

Which Edmonton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Driving in first week of march 2013

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has driven in March to edmonton from Toronto. I am planning to take trip in 1st week of march 2013 with my wife and Two kids(4 and 1 year). Driving would be the cheapest option I found so far and wanted to get some idea about the weather and condtion of the roads. Any tips will be really appreciated. Thanks

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
21. Re: Driving in first week of march 2013

Thanks for letting us know about your decision. Hope you have a pleasant trip!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 40
22. Re: Driving in first week of march 2013

I'd re-examine your fuel costs number 1. For us to drive our very fuel efficient car from Edmonton to Winnipeg costs about $150 in gas. That's not even halfway to TO, and not in a weighed down with people and stuff car.

Roads can be very hazardous in the prairies, and change minute to minute. Be prepared to spend a few extra days on the road in case the weather becomes volatile. Carry emergency gear and supplies at all times and do not, for any reason, try to walk to get help if you get stuck in a blizzard. Wait for help to find you. Use the CAA road reports to help plan your driving days. Let someone know your travel route and report in to them daily so if you don't stay in contact, they can find help for you.

Good luck on your journey, and please be safe!

23. Re: Driving in first week of march 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 28, 2014