We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Gear Calgary

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Ski Gear Calgary

Arriving Calgary from Australia late January for a month of skiing at Banff and Lake Louise.Can anyone suggest good place for ski clothing and 2nd hand ski/snowboard gear in Calgary or Canmore.

Many thanks

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 23
1. Re: Ski Gear Calgary

Two bananas ~> You could check out Sport Swap in Calgary. http://www.sportswapltd.com/aboutUs.asp

I'm not sure about Canmore. You may not get an extensive selection there as you would in Calgary. Have you considered just renting from the hill you go to or when you are in banff?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
2. Re: Ski Gear Calgary

For clothing, you will want to check out the Mountain Equipment Co-op, near downtown Calgary (and also in Vancouver, if you have a long stopover there). You must buy a lifetime membership before you can buy anything there, but at $5 CDN, it's a steal. www.mec.ca

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 23
3. Re: Ski Gear Calgary

Sorry I didn't read your note properly. I assumed you were looking for used clothing as well.

Australia
4. Re: Ski Gear Calgary

thanks will check out the used site as well

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Ski Gear Calgary

You should defenitly buy in Calgary. Ski and snowboard equipment is alway more expensive in Canmore and Banff. By January most of the big retailers will have ski jackets and snow pants on sale. I like Sport Check and Sport Mart - both have several locations around the city.

Australia
6. Re: Ski Gear Calgary

Thanks that's great information

deb

7. Re: Ski Gear Calgary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 23, 2009