We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Express

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Holiday Inn Express

Hi !

Can someone tell me more about this hotel? Where is it located in Calgary, is it close to restuarants and stores? Any recommendatons when staying at this hotel? Thanks in advance?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
reviews: 66
11. Re: Holiday Inn Express

Hi Pauline,

Yes, Judy is just amazing at the info that she provides on this forum. I have learned a lot from her myself, and consider myself fortunate to have access to her knowledge.....

You cannot go wrong listening to her advice. And, yes, the things you have heard about Calgary are true to an extent.... there are plenty of folks as friendly as Judy in this fair city. But it is also a big city and not without its shortcomings....

Best advice is.... come for a visit. See the sights, and stop in here and there to talk to the locals. You will see right away what a nice city Calgary is. And definitely go to Edmonton and see what that city has to offer as well. I like parts of Edmonton a lot, especially Old Strathcona. After you spend a few days between the 2 cities, you will be able to make an informed decision on what you want to do, in terms of whether you should relocate and also where you would like to live.

You may also want to make a quick stop in Red Deer en route to Edmonton. Depending on what type of work you are looking for, Red Deer may be the right spot for you as well.

I wish you all the best of luck with your search.

Regards,

- CG

Saskatchewan
reviews: 31
12. Re: Holiday Inn Express

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Motel Village and it is quite a nice hotel. I had a king suite, which means that there was a separate bedroom and separate sitting area with pull out couch. It was a nice arrangement. It is well located for the LRT station, which is right across the street. The LRT is an easy few stops from downtown, and only one stop from a nearby mall (cannot remember the name of it), which has a good supermarket in it.

reviews: 7
13. Re: Holiday Inn Express

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Lake Fraser Drive in October. Whatever you do don't confirm with a credit card. I booked 3 rooms at this property 1 week prior to going. I got to the hotel checked into all 3 rooms. Everything was fine. I got back to Toronto only to find out they had charged my credit card for 1 night stay saying we only checked into 2 rooms mean while we checked into 3 room and have receipts to prove it. I had all my dealings with only 1 person from this hotel I won't mention his name. They are saying the day we checked in we requested a 4th room. They took advantage of a grieving family in my opinion and they knew we couldn't do much about it. I have called everyone I could on this matter and spoke to them and they are prepared to do nothing. I am now waiting for documents that they are forced to submit from my Amex card. I have been waiting for the owner of this property to call me back it has been a few weeks and he still he has not called. Just beware they are very friendly to you but when you are gone an they have your credit card still I would be very concerned.

14. Re: Holiday Inn Express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 20, 2009