We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 star hotel in the Calgary City Centre

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta Canada
reviews: 12
5 star hotel in the Calgary City Centre

Hi there,

Anyone has an idea who are the main candidates to open this high end hotel in the future CCC? Today I heard it may be Fairmont, but honestly, I would love to see some other luxury player making the entrance in Calgary. And what will happen with the Palliser?

Thanks in advance.

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
reviews: 4
1. Re: 5 star hotel in the Calgary City Centre

Nothing happens to the palliser now IMO.

Try Le Germain nearby which is a much better hotel. It's scary that Calgary doesn't have a ritz or something better like a four seasons.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
2. Re: 5 star hotel in the Calgary City Centre

We had a Four Seasons, once. They changed brands back in 1985, though; that building is now the Marriott. The Hyatt Regency is where Will & Kate stayed during their "honeymoon" visit in July 2012, if memory serves.

Brucescabana, if you have heard something about a planned hotel, you're ahead of me.

Edited: 12:06 am, September 27, 2013
Alberta Canada
3. Re: 5 star hotel in the Calgary City Centre

Thanks CW, the website for the Calgary City Centre is listing a future 5 star hotel, but because it is still years away from completion, no operator was selected. I was hoping for some gossip... They will build the Centre with space in mind to be dedicated for whatever will be probably the top hotel in Calgary. And with so many business executives from oil, mining, etc. travelling to the city, I believe is the right thing to do. Not to mention the beauty of the Rockies ;-).

I will wait and see for an announcement to be made. It is good to see that the Stampede area will get a Renaissance hotel, but still that won't be THE STAR HOTEL for Calgary.

Edited: 2:50 pm, September 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
reviews: 59
4. Re: 5 star hotel in the Calgary City Centre

Inasmuch as they changed CEOs this year because Bill and Prince Al wanted the chain to embark on a much more aggressive growth pattern, the smart money would bet on this becoming a Four Seasons.

You might want to see if the interview of Issy Sharp by Howard Green earlier this month is still available on BNN.

Alberta Canada
5. Re: 5 star hotel in the Calgary City Centre

Thanks! Excellent recommendation, watched the 3-part interview, a real pleasure to watch both personalities. I am really happy that Canadians are front-of-the-line with two top hospitality companies. I would love to see FS moving in, but with the expansion of the airport that will open the city & the Rockies more to Asians, I wouldn't be surprised to see Shangri-La as a pretty solid option. Marriott is well represented over here (unless they give up their downtown location to replace it with a new JW in this City Centre), Hyatt are OK with their Regency, and I cannot get the letter W in conjunction with the word Calgary (maybe later, when more 5 stars will be here). Or maybe the Texans love AB a lot and they will give us a Rosewood here ;-)

Edited: 2:45 pm, September 28, 2013
6. Re: 5 star hotel in the Calgary City Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 30, 2014