We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel accomdations for 8 adults

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beaverton, Canada
reviews: 3
hotel accomdations for 8 adults

Looking for hotel accomodations for 8 adults, close to the Stampede, but reasonable rates, from July 4 to the 7, 2013, can you please help with this, thanks

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
1. Re: hotel accomdations for 8 adults

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Jackie!

I'm afraid that's a fairly tall order: cheap during Stampede Week (when most hotels raise their rates) but close to the Stampede grounds. I'd suggest you look at something close to a CTrain (tram) station, as that is a fairly quick and easy way to get to the Stampede Grounds. Most people take the CTrain rather than drive, as parking near the grounds is expensive and fills up quickly.

Have a look at the Holiday Inn on Macleod Trail, they are just one stop away from the Stampede grounds and very close to 39th Ave station. Also, the Motel Village area in NW Calgary is close to the Banff Trail station. Some places there are not too great, others (like the Hampton Inn & Suites) get consistently good reviews. The Hotel Alma, on the University of Calgary campus, has good but compact rooms year-round, and is not too far from University Station. They also have the Alma Summer Residence, which are student rooms which are available at a budget rate during the summer, but my impression is that you're probably not interested in that. (Hotel Alma floors in the same building were designed and designated as hotel rooms from the day the building opened.)

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 372
2. Re: hotel accomdations for 8 adults

Try VRBO.com - vacation rental by owners, maybe a house would work out much cheaper ?

Rob

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 44
3. Re: hotel accomdations for 8 adults

better hurry up and book a place...everything books up early

Canada
reviews: 7
4. Re: hotel accomdations for 8 adults

Acclaim Hotel by the Airport.. I know your probably wondering why the airport .. well the Acclaim has a shuttle that goes to the airport in 5mins and bus #100 goes straight to the train station which goes to the stampede.

There is also bus # 100 that leaves right in front of the hotel which goes to the train station as well . Your looking at getting there less then 30 mins.

5. Re: hotel accomdations for 8 adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 18, 2013