We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

experience with canadream 2012!! some could be better

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
experience with canadream 2012!! some could be better

we have just returned to the UK today having spent a couple of weeks in an RV between vancouvre and calgary. Our first time in RV!!! It was fab except....

i am glad i didnt read the comments before we went otherwise i may have changed my mind. main problem is same as everyone else...pick up ...and a couple of other things..

as we flew in from the UK, we had to stay in a hotel in vancouvre and phoned canadream on arrival...told got to ring back tomorrow 8am....we had to do on line check in with our driving licence details ect assuming to save time when pick up.....as it was our first time in RV, i was rather nervous....we explained this to the lady on the phone but just have to ring at 8am. so, at 8am we rang.....but we were stranded in hotel room waiting for the staff to phone us back............this was in our opinion not neccessary and waste of time as surely you know what booking you have beforehand.......and if canadream was organised they should at least know this a day or two before................. as we were staying in a hotel in down town vanvouvre, we would have to take a taxi to delta(which is the other side of vanvouvre) or pay canadream $51 for pick up, or can take the train 2 stops away from the airport and canadream would pick us up from there.....well train fare costed about $2 so we decided for the train.

we were told pick up from train station for 3pm. we were expecting to pick up our RV about 1pm as we did not read the small print ...from 1pm....my husband pleaded with the lady on the phone as it was our first time...worried about traffic ect and were planning to head for whistler. she was rather abrupt and virtually put the phone down on him.

we arrived early at the train station but no sign of pick up. i was worried that we came out of the wrong exit.... so we phoned canadream....he turned up about 10-15 min later....

paper work took a long time ...or it seemed like a long time when you anxious to get going......we had to cough up extra $150 plus tax otherwise we would have to return the vehicle cleaned in and outside, waste emptied rubbish removed ect between 8-10am. now this was at least 4 pm that we were doing the paper work...so return that early doesnt seen fair to me..but that is the rule...if you are late ...extra charge per hour . ohhh we could have paid extra for earlier pick up had we read the small prints.....hind sights- i wonder if we had pay $51 for caandream to pick us up from the hotel in down town vancouvre we may had been able to pick up our RV earlier...as we did not drive off till about 5 pm..the traffic was herrendous and we did not arrive at whistler till late at night. it was not pleasant first day in RV. Had we known we may have book into a campsite in vancoure for the night. ..but we booked all our campsites beforehand.

we were then showned to our vehicle by a very nice man....but he wrote that we had half a tank of petrol but it was well below half. as we signed on the dotted line with out checking all the details...we had to return with half a tank. i think this is really unfair. i would advise canadream to consider using their i-pad to take a picture of the petrol needle so no argument.

he also told us the the black and grey tank had been emptied. but this is not true as we hardly used any water or toilet....it was shown full tank....so we had to emptied someone else tanks!! not nice.

also, as the vehicle was rather old so we found bit of window ect under the mattress! or so bit of window fall off!!

we did think of phoning or emailing canadream but there was no wi-fi and didnt think they would do anthing about it

also the tubing for the waste disposal had a hole in a couple of inches from the out let so it was leaking ...not nice!! i think canadream staff should have checked and fix this.

we had comfort pack- but only one sheet for 2 weeks. would have been nice if there was another set of bedding so we could change

drop off went smoothly.

apart from that..we had a lovely time. would do it again and would read the small prints!! and be prepared to pay extras...

happy RVing!!!!

PS we did have a next size down from the biggest....so it was rather big to drive or park....

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
reviews: 28
1. Re: experience with canadream 2012!! some could be better

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences, I'm sure other travellers will find this to be informative and helpful.

I am glad that apart from the issues mentioned in your post that you still managed to have a "lovely time". Hopefully your next trip to Canada goes more smoothly. :)

Edited: 2:01 pm, August 24, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
2. Re: experience with canadream 2012!! some could be better

Thank you for your post! I've added it to the list of feedback forum postings about various RV rental companies in this TripAdvisor Traveller Article:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g659487-c104900/Canad…

I've seen some folks suggest that for car rentals, if you find damage in you pre-rental inspection, you should take a photo of the damage with an employee of the rental company in the photo too. I wonder if this idea could somehow be adapted for your fuel gauge concern?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
reviews: 28
3. Re: experience with canadream 2012!! some could be better

^^^hmmm, now that's food for thought isn't it? Good advice CW!

4. Re: experience with canadream 2012!! some could be better

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 26, 2013