We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking in Assiniboine

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
hiking in Assiniboine

Hello,

I am thinking of hiking Mount Assiniboine in beginning of July. The trouble is, I am considering to take this adventure alone. I have done research and know that it is a beginners level hike but I am wondering if anyone will be or has already taken this 3 day hike and may have some advice or tips? How often do you meet other hikers on the trail?

Thanks for your advice!

Calgary, Canada
1. Re: hiking in Assiniboine

I haven't gone to Assinboine yet (it's on my to-do list), but have done quite a bit of hiking in the Rockies. You may want to allow more than 3 days for your trip. It would take at least one day to get in and another to get out, and there are a number of worthwhile daytrips to do once you get there. I'm not sure what you mean by a beginners level hike. It's 25km+ to get there, which makes for a long day, especially with a heavy pack.

It is a fairly popular area, so I'd expect that you'd see quite a few other parties on the trail. If you're starting from Sunshine Village, there will probably be a few other people on the shuttle bus (from the parking lot to the ski lodge) who are also on their way to Assiniboine.