We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around?

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Basingstoke, United...
reviews: 112
Getting around?

We are staying in Lake Louise Inn for a few nights in July. How easy is it to walk to the gondola?

What is the price of a taxi to each of the lakes?

Don't really like coach tours - is there just a local bus?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 87
1. Re: Getting around?

The Lake Louise "village" where the LL Inn is located is not a "real" village... we call it that for lack of a better word, but it is basically just a collection of visitor services... a few hotels, a hostel, a gas station, a small mall with several stores, the RCMP station, and the Parks Canada visitor centre. There are no private homes (just staff accommodations for the various businesses), no church, no school. The lake itself is 4 km uphill from the village, which is down in the Bow valley, adjacent to the TransCanada #1 highway. There is no local bus but you can get between LL and Banff via either the Greyhound or Brewster buses.

I think I read here on the forum that the taxi service in LL charges $12 per person from the village to Lake Louise. I don't know how much they would charge to Moraine Lake, but it is 14 km down a dead-end road that joins the road to Lake Louise about 1 km below the lake, so about 17 km from the village.

Sorry, I don't have any info on the gondola... it's not that far from the village. Looking at it on Google maps, it appears to be about 2 km from the village.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
reviews: 75
2. Re: Getting around?

It's possible that your hotel may have a local shuttle service -- you may want to check with them to find out. As krp has said, there is no public transit in Lake Louise.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
3. Re: Getting around?

This is a bit outside the box, but Wilson Mountain Sports in Lake Louise rents bicycles:

wmsll.com/Wilson_mountain_sports/WMS_RENT.ht…

Calgary. Alberta
reviews: 17
4. Re: Getting around?

There is a free shuttle that runs to the gondola and back from various locations in the village

multiple times per day. If it does not stop directly at the Lake Louise Inn it would stop at Samson Mall which is just a short walk away. So you will not have to worry about getting up there.

Basingstoke, United...
reviews: 112
5. Re: Getting around?

Thanks - we are only in LL for 3 whole days, so I am sure we will manage to get around with the bus and taxis.

6. Re: Getting around?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 06, 2014