We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau Lake Louise

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK, Kent
Chateau Lake Louise

HI,

we are coming to Lake louise to get married this july.

However we have read alot of reviews regarding the hotel saying that the hotel is old, rooms are small and not worth the money.

We have spent alot of money on this and are really worried about the accomadation. Has anyone had any experience with a wedding at the hotel or what it is like.

We are seriously thinking of pulling out!

Banff
reviews: 1
1. Re: Chateau Lake Louise

The Chateau Lake Louise was built in the 1800's, back when toilets and showers were communal. since then, the rooms have been upgraded with showers, bathtubs and toilets. As a result the

rooms are a bit smaller than some newer hotels.

As someone who not only lives in banff, but has stayed at the Chateau, I would say that it is one of the most romantic places in the world. A wedding at this hotel will be one of the highlights of your married life. Service is incredible, the food, common areas, nature, and the rest of the area is amazing. The view is unparalelled, and I do not know anyone who has not been amazed when they are greeted by the bellman.

I do recommend any stay at the Chateau lake Louise and feel that a wedding there will be incredible.

There are a few photos of the hotel at www.banffhorizons.com/3-ChateauLakeLouise.htm

Good luck, enjoy your stay.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 86
2. Re: Chateau Lake Louise

The original chateau burnt down (in the 1920 I think) and was rebuilt. The buildings that are there now are not the original ones. Whether you feel the room rates justify what you get is a subjective decision that only you can make - the Fairmont resorts are quite luxurious and have a very high staff to guest ratio, so service and reputation are partly what you are paying for. However, mainly it is location, location, location.....

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
reviews: 72
3. Re: Chateau Lake Louise

The original hotel (a small, one-story chalet/cabin) was built in 1890, and there have been two fires since. According to the hotel's website, some part of the present hotel dates to 1911 - but I've never seen that part! The core of the present hotel was built in the 20s, and it has been added to regularly since.

There has been a LOT of renovation at the Chateau Lake Louise over the past 10 years. I really think it is very unlikely that you will be disappointed with your accommodation. In the evenings, when the day visitors are gone from the lake, it will be lovely.

I attended a wedding of a couple of area locals at the Chateau about 20 years ago, and it was a charming event. The only caveat I would have regarding getting married there is that it is a BIG and busy hotel - I wouldn't expect a lot of personalized service for your event.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
4. Re: Chateau Lake Louise

I'm a tour guide who stayed there 15 times last season. Ask for rooms in the Paynter wing. They are the newest and air conditioned. Overall my rooms have always been pretty nice, but on occassion comments from psgrs give me the impression that there is a vast difference in size. I've had some pretty small rooms, but hotel is classy and elegant.

Turks and Caicos...
reviews: 5
5. Re: Chateau Lake Louise

We just got back from there, It was very expensive but wonderful.

We booked a suite on the Gold level.

When we arrived they had upgraded us to a two level suite with a spiral staircase.

Fabulous and very, very large,

We decided to stay another night and they couldn't accomodate us in that suite so we moved into the one that we originally booked.

It was very large, great bed, and a huge bathroom with huge tub.

Dinner is a wonderful affair with a pianist in the fine dining restaurant and there was a classical guitarist in the more casual restaurant and bar.

I would say this is a fantastic location for a dream wedding

Many Congratulations to you,

Estes Park, Colorado
reviews: 54
6. Re: Chateau Lake Louise

We stayed in the new Mount Temple Wing (built in 2004) in a Deluxe King Room with a lake view, and it was wonderful. New, clean, modern. Much attention to detail. Highly recommended.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
7. Re: Chateau Lake Louise

I stand corrected. Mt. Temple is the newest. The Paynter wing is where the Victoria Dining Room is, but Mt. Temple are the newest rooms.

Winnipeg
reviews: 14
8. Re: Chateau Lake Louise

I don't think you will have anything to worry about. Taking note of where you live, you are probably used to much smaller and more expensive hotel rooms than we North Americans. I've been to England and Europe several times and take in stride the miniscule, expensive hotel rooms there. Lake Louise is absolutely gorgeous and should be a lovely place for a wedding.

windsor
9. Re: Chateau Lake Louise

Hi

i was reading your message regarding lake louise, did you marry there in the end. if so what was it like as i am thinking of getting married there?

Thank you

kelly

windsor
10. Re: Chateau Lake Louise

Hi

i was reading your message regarding lake louise, did you marry there in the end. if so what was it like as i am thinking of getting married there?

Thank you

kelly