We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average driving times Banff> LakeLouise>Jasper

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent England
reviews: 22
Average driving times Banff> LakeLouise>Jasper

We are visiting Canada in August by car,I cannot relate distance to time on maps!Driving times between

1)Calgary > Banff

2) Banff > Lake Louise via Bow Valley, Kootenay Park.

3)Lake Louise > Ice Fields > Jasper

4)Jasper > Clearwater

5)Clearwater > Kamloops

6)Kamloops >Whistler

7)Whistler > Horse Shoe Bay Ferries.

8)Nanaimo > Tofino

9)Cambell River > Vicitoia

I appreciate I will be stopping at recomended view points, driving times only would be helpfull. If you have ever driven the M25 in England you will understand!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
reviews: 72
11. Re: Average driving times Banff> LakeLouise>Jasper

As usual, Camping Girl has made a super alternative suggestion - that Castle-Yoho-Golden-Radium-Castle loop would make a long, but very scenic, memorable and interesting day. You'd want to make an early start!

Shanghai, China
12. Re: Average driving times Banff> LakeLouise>Jasper

thanks so much for all of your advice!

i think i will do the yoho route, with a stop at the takakkaw falls and emerald lake, and then just turn back from there so i get to spend more time at each location.

unfortunately, i don't have 2 day's time to take camping girl's suggestion to do a loop at both parks. but i am sure this will be helpful to someone else's planning.

thank you all!

Ipswich
reviews: 1
13. Re: Average driving times Banff> LakeLouise>Jasper

Hello all,

I am a TA employee, and through the nominations submitted, this thread was brought to my attention. First, many compliments on the excellent material submitted here.

Second, I just wanted to let everyone know that I took my first shot at preserving this information in a format that will allow you to link to it without always having to "bump" it to the top. This is with our new TripAdvisor Inside feature, where anyone can edit and update information.

The page is here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154912-c3718/Lake-Lo…

To see (and edit/create) more Lake Louise pages, go here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154912-s1/Lake-Louis…

Again, this first pass was meant to be exactly that ... a first pass. From here, it's up to you to update and maintain the information, and add things I missed from the thread!!! :-)

Have a great day!