We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calgary to Vancouver Via Jasper

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 3
Calgary to Vancouver Via Jasper

We are close to booking a holiday involving a route from Calgary to Vancouver taking in Banff, Jasper & Sun Peaks on the way. It looks amazing and we will be driving the entire route stopping on the way to stay some nights in various hotels/lodges.

Has anyone done a similar route? Also we will have our 2 year old daughter with us, I just want to make sure it won't be too much travelling for her, we are spreading it over 2 weeks with regular stops so hopefully it should be ok.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
reviews: 76
1. Re: Calgary to Vancouver Via Jasper

Could you please let us know what time of year you are thinking of travelling? This trip is one thing in the summer, a whole different thing in the winter.

Edited: 12:42 pm, February 14, 2011
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 87
2. Re: Calgary to Vancouver Via Jasper

This is a very popular itinerary. You will find the information I posted just a few minutes ago in this thread useful, I think: tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154943-i81-k424553…

Have a browse through past posts on the various forums, and the other resources here on TripAdvisor, and you will find that most of your questions will be answered.

London
reviews: 3
3. Re: Calgary to Vancouver Via Jasper

Yes sorry, we will be there in mid June so hopefully there will be nough to see and do

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 84
4. Re: Calgary to Vancouver Via Jasper

Something I can suggest to you since your driving yourself is to look at an itinerary from tour companies that do the same route. That way you see what they stop at and you can use it as a rough guide for your sightseeing.

look at

Trafalgar

collettevacations.com

(resorts of the Rockies)

it will get you started. I did this tour last summer and found the scenery quite nice driving vs the train. Sunpeaks has nicer hotels than Kamloops and you'd be close to Penticton and the Okanagon which is a nice contrast from the Rockies.

5. Re: Calgary to Vancouver Via Jasper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, March 30, 2012