We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for Dining at the Post

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 1
Advice for Dining at the Post

I am going to be dining at 8:30 pm at the Post. I am going with my girlfriend to celebrate our anniversary. Any suggestions? I know some restaurants have certain places that are nicer to sit at than others...also, what would be a nice thing to do afterwards? We are staying at the Fairmont...can we walk to and from?

reviews: 139
1. Re: Advice for Dining at the Post

MAK1084 - I've eaten at the Post Hotel restaurant in Lake Louise several times and have been very pleased. I think tables along the windows are always much nicer. I'd just call the day before your dinner and ask if they can pick you out a special table, to celebrate a special occasion. Not sure when your dinner is (time and month), but my husband and I would always go out and sit by the creek next to the Post. We stayed in one of their wonderful little creekside cabins and just loved it. A walk from the Fairmont would be a bit much....I think you need to drive.

Calgary, Canada
2. Re: Advice for Dining at the Post

It would probably take close to an hour to walk there--doable, but probably not something you'd want to do if dressed up for dinner. If you want to walk, a moonlit walk along Lake Louise would be a nice thing to do afterward (if it's a nice evening).

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
reviews: 39
3. Re: Advice for Dining at the Post

Good to see that you've chosen to dine at the Post, MAK1084. The Post is in the LL hamlet and it's 2-3 miles uphill from there to the Fairmont and the lake itself - so it's the car; not a walk. Yes, ask for a table by a window and I'm sure they will make it special if you mention the anniversary. Afterwards ask them to show you the wine cellar, and stroll round the (small in comparison to the Fairmont) interesting hotel, including the library. Definitely go out the back onto the lawns by the rippling river (hopefully under a starry or moonlit sky). Dress code for the restaurant tends to be quite smart. Last Sept when we were there, 3/4 men seem to wear jackets and ties (eg business-type suits). I hate ties so went smart-casual; best open necked shirt and smartest trousers / shoes. T-shirt, jeans & trainers would be a no-no. Women tended to dress up a bit, though nothing too formal. Wish I was going there this year as well.