We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant at the Post

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 1
Restaurant at the Post

Is this restaurant worth it? I have dined at some great restaurants in the US...what will this restaurant cost me...dinner for two and a bottle of wine?

Matt

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
reviews: 39
1. Re: Restaurant at the Post

Is it worth it ? An impossible question to answer - it all depends on individuals' preferences, priorities, budget etc - but I hope to help you choose what's best for you. My wife and I dined at the Post two nights last September - here's our observations.

We've dined at many top-class restaurants in numerous countries and the Post compares well with most of them. It was definitely the restaurant highlight of our trip to Canada, during which we enjoyed several carefully selected restaurants in Calgary, Victoria & Vancouver (Jasper didn't compare, no problem, just different). We also dined at Fairmont in LL, but felt the Post was more intimate.

Cost is very dependent on what you want - with the range of wine prices perhaps being a key variable. For my wife and I, both nights we had 3 courses, plus coffee - first night we had aperitifs and a pricier wine - second night no aperitifs and more moderately priced wine. I've just checked the bill, which I've kept on file, and the costs of each night's dinners were 248 & 165 canadian dollars. Given that the trip to the Rockies might be a once off (hopefully not), it was worth it for us - and added to our experiences of the wonderful Lake Louise area. If you go to the Post, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

reviews: 148
2. Re: Restaurant at the Post

You know restaurants change...but we stayed at the Post Hotel for 4 nights several years ago and ate there at hotel every night. And, we absolutely loved it! Going 4 nights in a row should tell you something. But, remember, things change over the years, so I comment what it will be like the day you go.