having pretty much fallen in love with Banff upon finding it in a brochure i rushed out and booked us a 7 day holiday from December 1st. The promise of snow and the activities listed were just good not to throw a mass of money into it but things are starting to develop and im getting concerned we may be expecting things we wont get.....
heres where i need help ........
- what are the typcial weather conditions in December? i guess i bought the travel agent speel about the guarentee of snow but looking closer it doesnt seem to be a heavy covering that time of year usually
- what activities are there to do? i was looking at canoeing and sleigh rides as part of the holiday but im being told these are seasonal events and wont be available.
- what time of year do the christmas lights and decorations usual go up in Banff? This was a selling point for my girlfriend to see the amazing lights reflecting in the snow but again its been suggested this might not actually happen so early
- how easy is it to get around Banff and the surrounding areas via local transport?
- the ��1700 cost laid down just for accomodation and flights doesnt include any activity so we are in desperate need of fnding the best value for money tours and activities. Things such as husky dog rides and snow mobile tours are a must but im seeing such a range of prices. if anyone can suggest places or tour operators then that would be a big help also!
- wheres the best places to hit town on the night? my girlfriend and i are both fairly lively so somewhere to dance would be ideal
- if anyone has stayed in Brewsters Mountain Lodge id also be interested to know your opinions on the place.
- if anyone knows of any good guide books available in the UK that would be a big help too
hope to hear from you guys and gals soon as although months away things have stressed me out in the last week just researching our vacation! I saw it as possibly the nicest place i'd ever go and somewhere that would be perfect to propose to my g/f so you can probably understand my, quite possibly over exaggerated and unnecersary, stressing!!!