We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, Florida
Hotel recommendations

Hi - My family and I are travelling to the Rockies this summer. Hotel recommendations in Salmon Arm, Banff and Jasper would be appreciated. I am looking for four or more star hotels. Thanks in advance for your help!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
1. Re: Hotel recommendations

There are no four-star hotels in Salmon Arm. The closest fit would probably be the Prestige Harbourfront Resort, because it is right on Shuswap Lake. It's also next to the long pier and the nature sanctuary:

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g181773-d226312-…

According to TripAdvisor, there are only three four-star hotels in Banff: the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, the Rimrock Resort Hotel, and the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge (which I find a bit surprising, but Delta is a decent chain).

The only four-star hotel in Jasper is the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154918-d182311…

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 82
2. Re: Hotel recommendations

For Banff, we love the Rimrock….great restaurants and rooms, and a decent view. Banff Springs is a must as well…not for rooms, but overall feel.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 29
3. Re: Hotel recommendations

If you're looking for something four-star or more, there is not a huge variety in Banff. The Fairmont is beautiful if you choose a higher room category (but I'd never stay in a standard room...waste of money). You could look into, perhaps, the Post Hotel in Lake Louise if you don't mind being a short drive from Banff (there is also a very nice Fairmont hotel in Lake Louise, nicer than the Banff Springs in my opinion.)

I've stayed at the Delta in Banff many times, but it's not really an upscale experience unless you get the first-floor suite with the great bathroom and vaulted ceilings.

What I do in Banff if we're looking to for a more luxury-oriented vacation is choose one of the numerous 3.5 star rated hotels (Hidden Ridge, the Fox, the Delta) and get the best room category - loft suite or whatever. I find it works well for us if I'm not into paying the $400+ per night necessary to avoid a standard room at the Fairmont.

Alternately, Canmore has some really nice new properties that are four-star ish. Stoneridge, Copperstone, Solara, Grande Rockies...all nice properties if your budget doesn't stretch to a Fairmont property.

Boca Raton, Florida
4. Re: Hotel recommendations

So far I booked the Prestige Harbourfront Resort in Salmon Arm. The Fairmont is too pricy in Jasper - any other alternatives worth recommending would be appreciated,

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
5. Re: Hotel recommendations

In your shoes, I'd have a look at the Jasper Place Inn and Pyramid Lake Resort. Note that I only know them by reputation, I haven't stayed there.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 87
6. Re: Hotel recommendations

I think CW must be referring to the Park Place Inn, not the Jasper Inn, which is branded with Best Western. The PPI is a boutique hotel in downtown Jasper. After the Fairmont JPL, the next nicest hotel in town is the Sawridge. The most popular here on TA is Alpine Village, which is a cabin resort a couple of kilometres away from town.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
7. Re: Hotel recommendations

Thanks for the correction, Krp. Stupid fingers!

Dhaka City...
8. Re: Hotel recommendations

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g181773-zfa3-Salmon_A… check this link. I think it will be helpful for you.

Boca Raton, Florida
9. Re: Hotel recommendations

Thanks, I will check all of those out. Anyone heard of Patricia Lake Bungalows?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 87
10. Re: Hotel recommendations

Yes, it's well known here and well reviewed: tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154918-d185680-… Their "Grove" units are apparently quite nice and I should have mentioned them as a possibility in my post #6 above. Their regular units are apparently a bit more basic and motel-like, and are among the more economical accommodations in the area.