We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rockies Itinerary comments please....

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 27
Rockies Itinerary comments please....

We have 2-3 weeks to spend in Alberta and are interested in exploring the badlands then heading into the mountains for the remainder. We land in Calgary in early August. I was thinking to start off going to Dinosaur Provincial Park and staying 2 nights in Brooks (closest town), driving to Drumheller for 1 night (Tyrell museum) then driving to Banff/Lake Louise. I have 6 nights in Banff/Lake Louise, drive up Glacier Parkway to Jasper - stay 3 nights in Jasper - drive back down to Banff (overnight) then to Calgary (overnight) fly out next day. We enjoy hiking, photography, canoeing. Is this too much time in one area ..... should I divide it up a bit more? and if so.... suggestions please.

3 replies to this topic
Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 36
1. Re: Rockies Itinerary comments please....

That sounds like a pretty good plan. Unless your flight out is very early in the morning, I would consider spending both the final nights in Banff instead of one in Banff and one in Calgary. It's not a difficult drive from Banff to YYC airport, so you can stay in the mountains longer and avoid an additional hotel change (unless your plans were to visit some Calgary sights and not just spend the night awaiting your flight home).

Edmonton
reviews: 12
2. Re: Rockies Itinerary comments please....

I agree about not changing hotels on your last 2 evenings unless you need to spend some time in Calgary. You could spend them in Canmore, Also, maybe add 1 more day to Jasper as you can easily spend several hours on your drive both there and back. So many photo ops, The most amazing drive ever!

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
reviews: 30
3. Re: Rockies Itinerary comments please....

Think about including Tekakkaw Fall in Yoho NP as part of your trip. You don't need to change hotels, could visit while you are in Banff area. They are the 3rd highest in Canada and so easy to get to!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Takakkaw_Falls.jpg

Reply to: Rockies Itinerary comments please....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted