We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time to visit Banff?

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunset Beach, North...
reviews: 7
Time to visit Banff?

Sounds like June is not good? Our vacation is June 17-July1, should we chance it??

4 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 13
1. Re: Time to visit Banff?

Not good for what, exactly? Chance what? Can you elaborate on why you think June isn't a good month? (I personally think June's a good month, but it depends on what you're hoping to do). It's a bad month for skiing, if that's what you were hoping to do! ;)

SE Ontario
reviews: 8
2. Re: Time to visit Banff?

What are you afraid of? End of June is a perfectly excellent time to visit. Although note that July 1st is the national Canada Day holiday and people may be taking an extra long holiday weekend.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 51
3. Re: Time to visit Banff?

Another thread has been posted on the Banff Forum by the OP with better information. Perhaps add any comments there to build that thread up.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154911-i221-k7090…

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 42
4. Re: Time to visit Banff?

Some places at higher elevations will still be inaccessible because of snow pack (Mt. Edith Cavel and Peyto Lake I believe), but most of the main attractions will be accessible, and the opportunity to see the area with a trace of ice and snow on the tops would be spectacular. If you feel you would prefer to wait until absolutely everything is accessible, then mid-July is a bit safer.

Reply to: Time to visit Banff?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted