We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport from Banff to Fairmont Hot Springs

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
Public Transport from Banff to Fairmont Hot Springs

Hi there,

My husband and I are scheduled to travel from Banff to Fairmont Vacation Villas at Mountainside.on 4th April 2014.

We have no plans to rent a car and will rely on public transport. Greyhound bus does NOT appear to have a route from Banff to Fairmont Hot Springs. It does have a Banff-Windermere route but it arrives in Windermere at the odd time of 10.45 pm. Please advise what alternative transportation are available to us?

Thank you in advance! Cheers!!

7 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 37
1. Re: Public Transport from Banff to Fairmont Hot Springs

Nothing.

Banff, Canada
reviews: 60
2. Re: Public Transport from Banff to Fairmont Hot Springs

You will need to rent a car. There could be snow on the road at that time as well if a storm rolls through.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
3. Re: Public Transport from Banff to Fairmont Hot Springs

You might try this Invermere-based cab company; however, I would strongly recommend contacting them now, just to make sure they are still in business. I found them through a web search:

yellowpages.ca/bus/…7430023.html

Kuala Lumpur
4. Re: Public Transport from Banff to Fairmont Hot Springs

Thanks for your input folks.

Some reasons why we don't plan to rent a car :-

1. we're not too confident about driving on the left-hand side of the car. No problem driving in United

Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand as it's the same side as us.

2. we've never driven in wintry conditions

3. last thing we want is accidents in a foreign country

Thank you for the link for taxis. Cheers!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
reviews: 71
5. Re: Public Transport from Banff to Fairmont Hot Springs

Your reasons absolutely make sense. I'm so sorry that our public transportation network is so sketchy. I realize that this can seem pretty strange to people from countries where good public transportation is a way of life. It's hard to run good public transportation here because we don't have the population density to make it work.

Kuala Lumpur
6. Re: Public Transport from Banff to Fairmont Hot Springs

Well, the beauty of the Rockies area far outweighs the public transportation issue, and transportation companies must make profits. You can't have it all always. We just have to work around what we have. We'll find a way to resolve this. Never give up.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 37
7. Re: Public Transport from Banff to Fairmont Hot Springs

You might contact your accommodations directly to see if they have any suggestions. Are your destinations firm? There might be other places in the area you could go that are easier to get to and from.

Reply to: Public Transport from Banff to Fairmont Hot Springs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted