We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus for 8 from Banff to Lake Louise

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
reviews: 1
Bus for 8 from Banff to Lake Louise

Hello there TA friends;

I am hosting a group of co-workers at Banff Springs next week. They want to see Lake Louise and we are trying to arrange a bus to take 8 people from Banff to the Fairmont Chateau in Lake Louise for lunch (high tea) next week. Initial quotes for a taxi (SUV) for 8 is over $1,000 !!!!! We could charter a whole coach bus for less than that !!!

Does anyone have a suggestion to get the 8 of us from Banff to Lake Louise for lunch and back? We don't need the scenic route and narrated..guided tour. The scenery and the experience itself and seeing the Fairmont Lake Louise is plenty. We'd be there for about 2-3hrs.

Can we do it for less than $1,000 with a private company or tour that will cater to our needs?

Sorry for the last minute question.

Thanks...as always to our TA friends.

5 replies to this topic
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
1. Re: Bus for 8 from Banff to Lake Louise

I have a few ideas for you. Try BP Shuttle as they have 10 passenger vans. They normally do Calgary to Banff but they may be in Banff or willing to help you. Call them at 403-259-5959.

The other suggestion would be to try Brewsters. They have some Sprinter Vans that hold 12-14 people and may be available. The other would be to try Sundog as they have some nice mini buses that would work out well. You could also try the concierge at the Banff Springs to see if they have any other ideas.

edmonton
reviews: 45
2. Re: Bus for 8 from Banff to Lake Louise

you could just rent two cars. i know it would be nice to travel togeather but...

you say you don't need the scenic route but it really is much prettier then the highway and much more chance of seeing wildlife. s stop for a little walk up johnson's canyon is always nice. you could take that route to lake louise and the highway home...the "scenic" route really doesn't take that much longer.

another option i just thought of for the transportation...high tea for 8 people is going to cost quite a lot...maybe contact the hotel...if their shuttle van isn't being used, maybe for a fee, they'd consider bringing you out there.

Banff, Canada
reviews: 60
3. Re: Bus for 8 from Banff to Lake Louise

Try Discover Banff Tours - http://www.banfftours.com/charter-service

Ontario
4. Re: Bus for 8 from Banff to Lake Louise

Thanks for your info. We got a good price from Banff Airporter http://www.banffairporter.com/. We have a small sight-seeing bus with lots of windows. They also suggested taking the two different routes...there & back. We'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Ontario
5. Re: Bus for 8 from Banff to Lake Louise

Just to follow up on my previous post.

Banff Airporter ( http://www.banffairporter.com/ ) was great. They handled all of the arrivals & departures for our group to and from the airport. They also arranged a private trip from Banff Springs to Lake Louise & waited for 3 hrs and took us home.We had a small sightseeing bus that 12. Half the price of the other options we looked at. They were very reliable and professional + gave us very personal service. We would highly recommend them for airport shuttle or transport to other locations.

Reply to: Bus for 8 from Banff to Lake Louise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted