With your previous helps, our group secured accommodation for 4 nights in Canmore and 4 nights in Jasper & 1 night in Calgary. I have searched the posts and have an outline of what we plan to do/see. Would appreciate your help to maximize our sightseeing and minimize driving time.
• There are 8 in our group, adults and college students
• Time frame is first week of August
• Moderate hikers, one person has knee issue
• A must - see wildflower
• Essential - like to take picture. Where are the best spots for photos? time to avoid the crowd?
Below is our itinerary, we don't have a specific day what to do/see. Seeking for your help of the best way to arrange it and welcome any new suggestions and any direction to avoid backtracking is greatly appreciated.
• Day 1 - arrive Calgary at noon. Will settle into our condo in Canmore around late afternoon. We just plan spending the evening exploring the town.
• Day 2 - 4 - we will have 3 full days - under our radar are: Sunshine meadows, Johnston Caynon. Walk along the Bow River to the Fairmont Banff Springs. Lake Minnewanka, Moraine Lake , Lake Louise, Yoho National Park, Emerald Lake, Takakkaw Falls
Which lake should we rent a canoe or kayak and explore the shoreline at a more leisurely pace?
• Day 5 - Head north along the Icefields Parkway, stopping at the Crowfoot Glacier overlook, Bow Lake, Peyto Lake, Weeping Fall. Settle into our accommodation in Jasper late evening
• Day 6 - 8. We will have 3 full days to explore: Maligne Canyon & Lake, Athabasca Falls, Angle Glacier, Mt. Edith Cavell if it is accessible
• Day 9 - Columbia Icefield is left for the return trip. Ice Explorer tour onto the glacier, hike to Wilcox Pass, for a sweeping view of the glacier-filled valley. Continue south to Calgary for an overnight stay.
• Day 10 - We will have until afternoon to explore Calgary. Our flight departs at 5 pm.
If time is allowed, we would like to ride Gondola or Tram, white water rafting and horse back riding. But don't know when and where is the best fit to do this activities. Based on our itinerary, would you suggest to do these in Banff or Jasper?
Thanks for your time.