We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park passes

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
edmonton
Park passes

Does anyone know if the Mineral springs hospital supplies park passes to patients that have extended stays?

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
reviews: 71
1. Re: Park passes

No, I have never heard of them doing this.

2. Re: Park passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:36 am, May 16, 2013
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
3. Re: Park passes

On the other hand, it's not like they live in Banff either. I once stayed in the Banff townsite for a month (camping at Tunnel Mountain) and that required a park permit even though I didn't leave the park.

The people with the definitive answers in this case would be the administration folks at the Mineral Springs Hospital and Parks Canada staff. However, banff is a long-time resident of Banff and is pretty knowledgeable. :)

Edited: 10:06 am, April 06, 2013
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 80
4. Re: Park passes

It's not coming and going from the park that requires a pass - it's being IN the national park. The town of Banff, and the Mineral Springs hospital are in the park, and therefore require a park pass IF you have a vehicle.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
5. Re: Park passes

For all the reasons noted in the posts above, it seems most unlikely that the hospital would buy park passes for their patients. However, by all means, feel free to call Mineral Springs and ask: 403-762-2222

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 80
6. Re: Park passes

Today I was in the Jasper Information Centre and there was an excerpt posted on a bulletin board from the legal regulations about the pass. Among the exceptions that were listed - the times when you do *not* require a pass - were if you are driving through the park on the main highway without stopping, if you are stopping only to fuel up your vehicle, and if you are getting medical care. So I would encourage the OP to ask at the park gate about this.

I also replied to the OP's other thread with this info.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
7. Re: Park passes

Thanks, krp! Who knew?

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 38
8. Re: Park passes

I was interested to see in that recent CBC expose "Rate my Hospital" that the Banff Hospital was rated as one of the top 5 in the country.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
9. Re: Park passes

... in its category. It is a small hospital and obviously doesn't offer the range of services available in big-city hospitals. But it is a very good hospital, especially in its emergency services and orthopedics areas, and in its well-designed and well-run long-term care facility. Our community is very lucky to have such a great hospital.

calgary
10. Re: Park passes

i have had a few friends who have gone to Banff to have operations. they would have had to wait almost 10 months to have it in Calgary but could get into Banff in as little as 2 months.I was told at one time by someone they had one of the best knee doctor in Canada.