We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share a private ski lesson

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 35
Share a private ski lesson

Hi

This is a very long shot... My wife and I arrive in Banff on the 26th Dec and my wife is planning on having private ski lessons, one on one with an instructor. These half day sessions can include up to 5 people, the cost is around $400. I was wondering if anybody else who wants to have private lessons would like to share the cost with us, starting on the 27th in Sunshine/Louise? This will be aimed at the very beginner level.

Regards

Al.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 279
1. Re: Share a private ski lesson

Al,

Not really sure of the value of private lessons for a beginner especially if first time on snow as you'll only be on the bunny hills, save your money for some cat skiing once you get good would be my advice :-) the instruction on these hills are really good and in the early stage it's really more about finding your balance than 121 coaching anyway.

Rob

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
2. Re: Share a private ski lesson

I'm not sure why your wife wants a one-to-one lesson, but then you want to turn it into a group lesson to save money. Have you been told that the ski school lessons are fully booked, or is there some other concern?

The group lessons offered by the ski schools are very good value, and most of the instructors that I have had are very good and quite patient. Sunshine has a "First-timers" package:

skibanff.com/lessons-rentals/…

They do their best to sort the people who sign up for these group lessons into groups with similar ages and abilities (i.e natural klutzes like me vs people who are more athletic but haven't skied before).

Louise also has a ski school:

skilouise.com/rentals-and-lessons/adult-prog…

Banff, Canada
3. Re: Share a private ski lesson

Logmeinsucker

Might be a little late for you, but there is a really good option I will mention for the other Banff Experts.

$99, 2Hr First Tracks. Up to 2 people, 8:30am.

Full access to the mountain, 30 min before the public, with private ski/board instructor. The price also includes an optional early bus from Banff to get you to Lake Louise.

$99, 1Hr Tune Up. Up to 5 people, 9:30am or 1:00pm

Private instructor for the group (up to 5 pax) that will help improve your skiing.

Sunshine Village

$529 Family Private 4Hr (2 instructors) up to 5 people with 2 private ski/board instructors for the morning/afternoon.

Banff Mt Norquay

Not sure if these are listed (individually) on the ski hills sites, but Discover Banff Tours are booking all ski hills lessons have these on their website.

Hope that helps - there are some deals to be had out there, if you are flexible with times.

banffinfo - Banff Accommodation Reservations

4. Re: Share a private ski lesson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 29, 2013