We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is best Fairmont Hotel: Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper?

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 20
Which is best Fairmont Hotel: Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper?

My family (husband and two older teenage daughters) are planning a trip to the Rockies to hike, ride, golf and enjoy a few luxuries. If we could stay at only one of the Fairmont hotels, which one would you recommend? Which one is in the best shape? has the nicest rooms? best service? amenities? I understand they all have great locations!

11. Re: Which is best Fairmont Hotel: Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper?

I've never stayed at the CLL but I've stayed at the other two. My personal preference is the Banff Springs. It's beautiful and very chateau-like. My husband and I stayed in one of the tower rooms with a spiral staircase to the bedroom and it was incredible. It has amazing restaurants and it is really cool at night. It has just the right blend of charm and luxury. I would make sure to take a stroll around Lake Louise but not necessarily stay there. I will add that I believe CLL is less expensive than Banff Springs if that is of concern. The Jasper Park Lodge is great too- the Edith Cavail restaurant is fantastic. The other two win hands down though because they are really castles in the Rockies and worth a stay.

If you want some sightseeing ideas I would drive to Jasper from Banff via the Icefield parkway. Alternatively you could stay along the parkway but Jasper is worth a visit. Jasper is less developed and less touristy than Banff but both are amazing. Another idea would be to drive from Banff into Radium, British Columbia, less than 2 hours away. Basically whatever you chose you can expect amazing scenery. You will love it!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
reviews: 76
12. Re: Which is best Fairmont Hotel: Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper?

just a note that the OP has finished her trip.

13. Re: Which is best Fairmont Hotel: Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 12, 2013