We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are here!

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 27
We are here!

Hi After all my questions, we are finally here in Banff. All I can say is Wow!! Yesterday we went to lake Louise as advised. OMG it's so beautiful. It was frozen solid. the weather is perfect. It's so sunny. We went to the ski resort there and went up in the ski lift. It's the most breath taking view that I have ever seen, and a must do on anybody's list. It was so cold. We also went to Johnsons falls on the way back. It's quite a hike, but worth it. He we had to peel off the layers as it was very hot in the sun. Suffering with the jet lag. So in bed by nine. Up again this morning to do Lake Minniwanka, Banff Gondola and the hot springs.

Thank you fro all the info you all provided. It's been essential. X

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
1. Re: We are here!

Glad to hear you're off to a good start! :)

Anglesey
2. Re: We are here!

I am so jealous and cant wait till our trip in September. Will look forward to any tips you have while there.

Canada
reviews: 6
3. Re: We are here!

Enjoy the sunshine, it's going to be a perfect weekend in Banff!!

London, United...
reviews: 53
4. Re: We are here!

Also jealous!!

Five and a half weeks to go, but whos counting!? :)

enjoy your stay

Edd

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 51
5. Re: We are here!

Good to hear. So glad you are enjoying it all.

Sheffield, United...
6. Re: We are here!

Still, having trouble with jet lag! 9pm and I'm off to bed!

Lake Miniwanka was beautiful. We walked around and saw lots of people enjoying the sunshine. We then went back I to town to the Banff Gondola. This was fantastic. The views were brilliant. Walked the walk way to the observation tower. Took loads of photos, but don't think they do it justice. We then went to the hot springs. It was so hot we were able to do a bit of sun bathing.

Tomorrow we set off to Jasper. Hopefully free wifi lol. ( still not seen a bear :( )

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 80
7. Re: We are here!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Canadian Rockies! It's a glorious sunny day here in Jasper today - a perfect day to drive the Icefields Parkway. :) Friends of mine drove down the parkway a couple of days ago and spotted a grizzly bear next to the road near Sunwapta Falls - hope it's out today for you to see. Welcome to Jasper!

Sheffield, United...
8. Re: We are here!

Just arrived in Jasper! What amazing weather! It's so hot. The parkway drive was fantastic. Plus we saw 2 Black Bears!!! One was just past the cross rds petrol station, it was quite small and thin. The other was just after Sunwapta falls. It was much fatter. I was so excited. This has really made my day.

I cannot believe how lucky we are with the weather and our bear sightings.

Bye for now, off to check out the town. Ps Still jet lagged. Hope I can make 10pm tonight lol x

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 51
9. Re: We are here!

Well, I have to say *I'M* thoroughly enjoying your trip too!

Barry, Wales, UK
reviews: 2
10. Re: We are here!

Glad to hear you've seen your bears! :) It was one of many of our trip highlights and your daily reports are helping in waiting for our return trip in September.

Enjoy

Peter