We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Way Car Hire - Jasper to Lake Louise or Banff

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
One Way Car Hire - Jasper to Lake Louise or Banff

Does anybody know of any companies offering reasonably priced one way car hire from Jasper to Lake Louise or Banff (ie. without exorbitant one-way fees)?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 52
1. Re: One Way Car Hire - Jasper to Lake Louise or Banff

Hi BaikalExplorer ~

There will be a one way drop fee, that's for sure. What are you trying to do? There may be other options than a car to see the Icefields Parkway.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
2. Re: One Way Car Hire - Jasper to Lake Louise or Banff

Welcome to the TripAdvisor forums, BaikalExplorer!

You may not know that there are only a few car rental companies that operate out of Jasper. You'll find them listed in this TripAdvisor Traveller Article:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154918-s304/Jasper:A…

Filling out your home city as part of your profile can help TA members answer your question better. For example, if you're in the UK or Australia, Canadian Affair may be able to arrange a rental with no drop fee. Some TA members have had good results with them. But I don't believe Canadian Affair operates in the US.

Brisbane, Australia
3. Re: One Way Car Hire - Jasper to Lake Louise or Banff

Thank you for the information.......much appreciated. I will update my profile.

Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: One Way Car Hire - Jasper to Lake Louise or Banff

I am weighing up the costs/benefits of travelling the Icefields Parkway by bus or car.

Greater Sydney...
reviews: 32
5. Re: One Way Car Hire - Jasper to Lake Louise or Banff

G'day Baikal in Brissie,

This is a link to Canadian Affair mentioned by C_W. Perhaps if you advise how you are arriving in Jasper and where your point of departure from the Rockies area is, and when you are travelling, we might be able to provide more advice.

http://www.canadianaffair.com/en/car_hire/

I note from the list of location options shown on that website that Jasper/Banff is not an option offered. but it would not hurt you to try. Otherwise I believe that both Brewsters and Sundog run trips along the IP.

explorerockies.com/sightseeing-tours/Rockies…

sundogtours.com/sightseeing_summer_jasper-to…

Brisbane, Australia
6. Re: One Way Car Hire - Jasper to Lake Louise or Banff

I really appreciate all that information Frommy. It was very helpful.

7. Re: One Way Car Hire - Jasper to Lake Louise or Banff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, December 17, 2013