We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadream RV Rentals, UK & Europe Travel, US & Canada Travel

sprucegrove
Canadream RV Rentals, UK & Europe Travel, US & Canada Travel

Do not trust the telephone representative: UK and Europe Travel out of Australia or US and Canada Travel nor the actual Canadream Rental Depot in Calgary that we had booked for our RV rental vacation. They debited the entire trip amount off my credit card instead of the verbally agreed upon amount of $300. I asked if they allowed pets. When I called the depot several days prior to the pick up date as told to do by the broker I was told absolutely no pets due to allergies. Then the depot said perhaps they would do it for an additional $250 (hmmmm...what happened to the allergy issue). They asked what breed of dog so I am assuming that when they called back to say no after all it was because our dogs are larger. I guess they don't realize how much damage small dogs can do as well. Make sure you read the contract before signing, do not rent a unit if you have allergies as they do occasionally rent to people with animals based on their discretion at the time of rental. We were going to rent during their off season (end of September). It cost us $920.90 for the week which included: unlimited mileage, US travel kit, first full tank of propane, bedding and kitchenware for 2 people for the MHA Maxi-berth Motorhome. Both the broker (UK and Canada Travel and the Canadream Calgary depot are not willing to refund our monies. Be very cautious of both these companies if you have allergies "or" you have limited funds.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
1. Re: Canadream RV Rentals, UK & Europe Travel, US & Canada Travel

" Make sure you read the contract before signing" - I couldn't have put it better myself. Always read the terms & conditions before you make a commitment, whether that's a hotel reservation, buying a plane ticket or booking an RV rental. As the saying goes, "A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on."

Edited: 2:53 pm, November 07, 2010
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 752
2. Re: Canadream RV Rentals, UK & Europe Travel, US & Canada Travel

>> Make sure you read the contract before signing <<

I suspect all of your problems could have been avoided if you had done that :-)

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 80
3. Re: Canadream RV Rentals, UK & Europe Travel, US & Canada Travel

Gee, I'm having the strongest sense of deja-vu... didn't you post about this a few months ago, Ida?

sprucegrove
4. Re: Canadream RV Rentals, UK & Europe Travel, US & Canada Travel

You are correct but it is sad that I have never has any problems in the past asking all the appropriate questions and i have made many purchases online. Sad isn't it that a company cannot rely on their telephone reps to give accurate information don't you think?

sprucegrove
5. Re: Canadream RV Rentals, UK & Europe Travel, US & Canada Travel

As I mentioned to the previous person: I have never has any problems with any online purchases by asking all the appropriate questions in advance until now. It saddens me to think that we are resposible if the telephone representative misinforms the customer instead of the other way around. I have never read any contracts prior to this purchase but I certainly will now. all the companies that I have dealt with until now have been accurate and helpful. This situation could have been easily resolved as I am very reasonable. Too bad the company is not.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 752
6. Re: Canadream RV Rentals, UK & Europe Travel, US & Canada Travel

>> I have never read any contracts prior to this purchase but I certainly will now. <<

What?

Boggles my mind!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
7. Re: Canadream RV Rentals, UK & Europe Travel, US & Canada Travel

Many people don't. But you only have to be burned once to give up that practice entirely!

I recently read the entire end-user licence agreement for an online service I pay for on a monthly basis. (It had been changed recently.) I think many users of that service would be shocked to find that they could have their service terminated "for any reason or for no reason" by the service provider. And yes, I agreed to the EULA because I know the reasons why they have that provision, and I'm extremely unlikely to be terminated.

Edited: 2:58 pm, November 22, 2010
sprucegrove
8. Re: Canadream RV Rentals, UK & Europe Travel, US & Canada Travel

It shouldn't boggle your mind. Most companies are honest and obviously accurate as has been my experience to date. I think UK Travel is probably honest (don't know for sure but once again I am assuming) but their rep was not accurate.

sprucegrove
9. Re: Canadream RV Rentals, UK & Europe Travel, US & Canada Travel

Yes you are right. I am sure that many people do not read most contracts but for all the right reasons. I like that we are more likely to trust people first until something happens to rethink that decision as in my case. I, personally, will endeavour to purchase and rent more in my own city where there is more likely to be resolutions to problems because it is local. Also local companies pay local taxes in addition to supporting the community in other ways. In this case the price was too good to pass up but I should have anyway because I have paid but received no services in the end.

10. Re: Canadream RV Rentals, UK & Europe Travel, US & Canada Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:48 am, May 22, 2011