We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Downtown Puerto Vallarta?

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nebraska
Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Downtown Puerto Vallarta?

Wondering if it is a good idea to rent a car when staying at the Mayan Palace..... How much is cab fare for three people to downtown..???

PRINCE GEORGE
reviews: 1
1. Re: Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Downtown Puerto Vallarta?

We took a cab(2 people) from Vallarta Adventures in Nuevo Vallarta last Feb. and it cost us $20.00 US one way. Hope this helps.

:) Malena

Granite Bay, CA
reviews: 2
2. Re: Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Downtown Puerto Vallarta?

We took cabs to town from the Grand Velas in Nuevo Vallarta in November for $10.00 one way. I heard that some people paid a lot more. We basically told them what we would pay and they did it.

Boston,MA
reviews: 6
3. Re: Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Downtown Puerto Vallarta?

When we went a few weeks ago, it was a flat rate of 160 pesos or $16, whether it was at the hotel or downtown. We also struggled over renting a car and were very glad we just took taxis.

Nebraska
4. Re: Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Downtown Puerto Vallarta?

thanks for the information... Currently I can rent a car (manual, no A/C) for $105 total including taxes...! When you figure in the shuttle from the airport both ways, and a couple of trips downtown... we could save $$$ by renting a car... Let me know from others if you have had any problems renting a car pvr... thanks...

Long Island, NY
reviews: 4
5. Re: Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Downtown Puerto Vallarta?

We took a cab from downtown to Mayan and it cost is 150 pesos(about $15). The only problem with renting a car, is the parking downtown. It may not be worth the aggrevation. Also, it might cost to park at the Mayan.

USA
reviews: 17
6. Re: Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Downtown Puerto Vallarta?

the best way to know what the going rate is no matter what hotel you are staying at is ...ask the concierge what the rate is...then you must always tell the cab driver (agree) on a rate before you leave....we paid $15.00 one way for four from the Marival to downtown...I am with the last person...finding a parking place is a nightmare...and they have their own rules of unique driving there...whew!!

Don't forget the bus fare is only about $2.00 or so and they pick up at most hotel area in nuevo...

Have an awesome vacation!!!

Nebraska
7. Re: Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Downtown Puerto Vallarta?

thanks all... I think I am leaning Against renting a car... too many hassles...

Long Island, NY
reviews: 4
8. Re: Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Downtown Puerto Vallarta?

I agree with previous post. ALWAYS ask first before getting into cab. If it sound too much, walk away. If they want the business, they will come down. They want to see how much extra they can make!!

ontario canada
reviews: 2
9. Re: Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Downtown Puerto Vallarta?

Driving is a nightmare in Puerto vallarta. Lights and turning lanes are totally different than in canada or u.s.a.- reconsider and take a cab or the local buses.