We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beached Yacht

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
reviews: 94
Beached Yacht

I left Neuvo Vallarta about 2:30 on Saturday. They were still working on getting that yacht off the beach. I am wondering if they were ever successful. An update would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rand

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
reviews: 89
1. Re: Beached Yacht

A freind just told me it was gone today.

Surrey, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: Beached Yacht

Where was it?

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
3. Re: Beached Yacht

On the Mayan bwach area to the left of the Grand Luxxe as you walk out to the sand point. It is about a 60-70 foot yacht

Minneapolis
reviews: 37
4. Re: Beached Yacht

Gawd, I just hate when that happens.

Minnesota
5. Re: Beached Yacht

It looked like it was being towed out Sunday morning, somewhere between 10:00-11:00 a.m. It was nice meeting you and your wife on the beach. (You referred us to Eddie's; we're from Minnesota). Sandy

Lindsay, Canada
reviews: 23
6. Re: Beached Yacht

Yes the beached craft was removed. The sad thing is that 2 weeks later all the extra sand and debris they brought in to remove it was still there.....I hope the insurance company plans to return the spit to its original condition....grrrrrrr

7. Re: Beached Yacht

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, February 02, 2014
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
8. Re: Beached Yacht

That's what I was afraid would happen. Sure hope it gets cleaned up.

Fort Wayne, IN
reviews: 55
9. Re: Beached Yacht

Funny, but potentially dangerous, my father in law and another fellow guest fell in to their waist on different days where they excavated the sand to remove the yacht. It has been washed back smooth by the tide, but when wet it is like quick sand.

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
10. Re: Beached Yacht

We have been going to this location for years and this is the first time we walked in quick sand. It was an amazing sensation but made us wonder how deep it could go.