We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Mayan Timeshare

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Independence...
Grand Mayan Timeshare

We bought a timeshare a few years ago and are no longer able to travel. Does anyone have any idea how to sell the timeshare without actually going down there?

Cool, California
reviews: 15
1. Re: Grand Mayan Timeshare

A couple of sites are www.redweek.com and www.tug2.net. These are sites where you sel it yourself. Be aware that resale prices ar much, much lower than what you pay at a timeshare presentation. Good luck!

Independence...
2. Re: Grand Mayan Timeshare

Thanks for the info. We know we are oing to take a BIG hit but if we can get anything at all it would be better than nothing. I will check it out.

Ivyland...
reviews: 19
3. Re: Grand Mayan Timeshare

redweek and tug2.net are fine. There are also legitimate companies that sell timeshares. I only know of one, that would be Pinnacle and that's because they are the only approved seller for Bluegreen resorts that we own at too. You can find information on Pinnacle at the Bluegreen timeshare yahoo group that is maintained by Pinnacle as a benefit to Bluegreen owners. I am sure they have a website but I've never needed to look for it.

4. Re: Grand Mayan Timeshare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:27 pm, January 26, 2013
Jenison, Michigan
reviews: 3
5. Re: Grand Mayan Timeshare

I don't know if your situation is the same as ours was. We owned a timeshare with Raintree with our "home" timeshare in Cancun. We were happy with our timeshare but about three years ago they tacked on a large maintenance fee that equalled the amt we were paying for our two one bedroom suites we owned. We,along with friends of ours, decided that that was too much to pay. They ended up paying a company to take their Raintree timeshare off their hands. If you are not able to sell your timeshare, maybe you can do what we were advised to do, actually by a man we talked with in Puerto Vallarta who worked for Raintree. We told him how we didn't desire to keep our timeshare any longer and asked him what would happen if we didn't pay our yearly fees. (Our timeshare was completely paid for). We also told him that we didn't want to do anything unethical because we are Christians and try to be honest in all our dealings. He said that all we had to do was not pay our fees for two years and, after that, our timeshares would go back into their inventory. We did that. After some time, we began receiving overdue notices. I informed them of what we had been told. Then they sent our account to a collection agency. However, after two years (or a little more), we received a notice from Raintree that our membership had been terminated. I don't know if this hurts one's credit or not. We do not plan to borrow money in the future so even if it did, it wouldn't affect us. Hope this is helpful.

Edited: 3:08 pm, January 05, 2013
Pennsylvania
6. Re: Grand Mayan Timeshare

Never pay an upfront fee to sell a timeshare. You may advertise your timeshare for free with a licensed timeshare broker at Premier Timeshare Resale with RE/MAX. There are no fees unless they find you a buyer. If you accept the buyer's offer and the sale closes an agreed upon commission is paid to them at closing. For more information on common timeshare resale scams and how to avoid them you can check out the Avoiding Scams page of their website. Good luck whatever you decide!

Cool, California
reviews: 15
7. Re: Grand Mayan Timeshare

Another idea would be to contact a Grand Mayan owner's site, where someone might be looking to add to their timeshares. TUG2.not and redweek.com both have "bargain basement" timeshares for sale, which you can check out. I know people who have bought through local newspaper ads. Be aware, as previously mentioned, that timeshare resales sell for a fraction of their original cost.

I donated one years ago, and got a tax write-off with it. But..I only paid $1000 for it, so the pain wasn't too bad.

8. Re: Grand Mayan Timeshare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 08, 2014