We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fence blocking off the road in front of the Grand Mayan

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
reviews: 59
Fence blocking off the road in front of the Grand Mayan

I should of added more to the subject line in my previous post. I would like to know if the road is still blocked off in front of the Grand Mayan. We like to go to Eddys and other restaurants in that area and this is the easiest way. Our last trip we had to walk the beach late at night when returning from Eddys or Vallarta Adventures.

Thanks

Rand

wa
reviews: 4
1. Re: Fence blocking off the road in front of the Grand Mayan

No Rand. We were there in July and were able to walk through ok. This was the main entrance at the time for all road traffic. With a security check in. post. We walked through several times no problem.

Wading River, New...
reviews: 81
2. Re: Fence blocking off the road in front of the Grand Mayan

Same for us at the end of August. The sidewalk is narrow, but no problem walking past security to Eddie's or any of the other restaurants in NV.

Does anyone know if the main entrance has been reopened?

Arlington Heights...
3. Re: Fence blocking off the road in front of the Grand Mayan

Just returned from a week at the Luxxe and the main entrance is still closed. We walked out of the resort that way down to the zoo at El Tigre but on the way back security hassled us and almost made us walk back to the Sea Garden entrance - luckily we were able to persuade him to let us walk the golf path.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 56
4. Re: Fence blocking off the road in front of the Grand Mayan

I was not even allowed to walk out or enter through the old main entrance. We were forced to use the walkway that leads to sea garden. There was a lot of foot traffic heading out that way. They do not use the golf carts to drive you out or to the sea garden. Hopefully this will change.

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
reviews: 59
5. Re: Fence blocking off the road in front of the Grand Mayan

Where do you enter the Grand Mayan if you are not allowed to use the main entrance.

Thanks

Rand

Los Angeles...
reviews: 56
6. Re: Fence blocking off the road in front of the Grand Mayan

We came in through the entrance road that leads from OxOX store, same road that leads to Sea Garden. This road ends right at the guard/security booth. Once you are lead in the Grand Mayan lobby is the first building on right.

Wading River, New...
reviews: 81
7. Re: Fence blocking off the road in front of the Grand Mayan

I don't think the carts will ever again take you to the Sea Garden. We were told there was an accident, and since it's a public street, the carts are no longer driving that road.

wa
reviews: 4
8. Re: Fence blocking off the road in front of the Grand Mayan

Rand

The main entrance at the moment is the one you was asking if it was still blocked off for foot traffic..

9. Re: Fence blocking off the road in front of the Grand Mayan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 16, 2013