We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Dreams VM - any questions?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
reviews: 34
Just back from Dreams VM - any questions?

We were there Oct 16 to 30. Another great time. One big change is at the World Cafe. There is still the Mexican fiesta on Friday and a buffet on a few nights but on 3 to 4 nights a week, they offer a menu. We ate there on 2 menu evenings and 1 night had a Mexican style grouper and the other a rolled beef with a side of pasta. The menu only offers a few items but it was different each night. In talking to Claudia who is the evening table captain at the World. The chef had been at the El Patio there but now was at the World in the evening. Another great option for dinner.

Any questions about Dreams just ask. I will be doing a full review shortly.

N.H.
reviews: 1
1. Re: Just back from Dreams VM - any questions?

Glad you had a good time. One of my favorite resorts. I'll be at the Vallarta Palace November 24th - December 4th and plan on walking down to visit.

Vancouver, B.C.
reviews: 3
2. Re: Just back from Dreams VM - any questions?

Thanks for the update! Just packing now for our trip sunday.. Is there still robes and slippers in the rooms? Should I pack my own pillow, I usually do, but heard Dreams are ok. Thanks!

Chicago
Destination Expert
3. Re: Just back from Dreams VM - any questions?

We had slippers and robes. Robes are to use only but slippers are to keep. Our bed had two each big and 2 each standard size pillows. All very full and soft.

Vancouver, B.C.
reviews: 3
4. Re: Just back from Dreams VM - any questions?

Perfect thanks! I wouldn't assume the robes are to keep, I wonder how many do. Are you planning the next trip already :)

Saint Paul...
reviews: 28
5. Re: Just back from Dreams VM - any questions?

Senorbobo, glad you had a good time! Is the World Cafe the one closest to the beach and El Patio just outside the resort? Is the pool situation still the same.. lots of chair and fast drink service? We were there in April 2009.. heading back in December for NYE.. can't wait!

BobH.. I want to have your vacation life--you do get around!

N.H.
reviews: 1
6. Re: Just back from Dreams VM - any questions?

We usually go somewhere once a month after September. Thats when business slows down to normal and my kids can run the stores without to much trouble,

Chicago
Destination Expert
7. Re: Just back from Dreams VM - any questions?

World Cafe is the buffet on the pool level. You can also enter from the lobby by going down the stairs. El Patio is the Mexican theme on the second floor. You enter by going up the stairs from the pool level.

All 3 pools are still the same. Clsest to the lobby is heated and the other 2 are not. Still plenty of chairs in sun or shade. Service is still great. Julio and Francisco are the 2 best pool/beach servers.

Saint Paul...
8. Re: Just back from Dreams VM - any questions?

Thanks, Senorbobo. They must have added El Patio after we were there in 2009.. (could that be the former Italian)? We liked the low-key, service friendly atmosphere. Reminded us of more of condo vacationing than a "resort-ish" one.. if that makes any sense. You've been really helpful with all your posts :)!

Chicago
Destination Expert
9. Re: Just back from Dreams VM - any questions?

The Italian (Portifino) is still there. It is on the pool level and the far end of the building after the stairs to El Patio and the pool bar. It is the only one that requires men to wear long pants.

Oceana and Seaside Grill are ajoining each other in the seperate structure which is 1/2 way to the beach.

Service is still as good as ever. Best that we have ever experienced in our many travels to the PV/NV area.

Saint Paul...
10. Re: Just back from Dreams VM - any questions?

Thanks, senorbobo. I am anxious to experience New Year's Eve in Mexico. We did Christmas in Cancun last year -- it was a ton of fun :)!