We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Pacifico or Riu Vallarta

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
Riu Palace Pacifico or Riu Vallarta

Hi there, we are looking at going to one of these resorts in late Oct. We have never been to the area before, but hope it will have more sun and less rain than Mayan Riviera at this time of year. I was going to book Riu Vallarta but I can now book the Riu Palace for 200$ more per person. Is the food, accomodations and general atmosphere worth the extra cost? We are a couple in late 30's that enjoy nice food and laying out by the pool all day. I was reading some reviews that mention the Riu Vallarta can get overrun with day passers?? Thanks for any opinions

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
reviews: 32
1. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico or Riu Vallarta

Late October is a great time of year. Been going to the PV/NV area then since 2001. Lots of sun, temps in the mid 80's (F) or higher, lower humidity then summer and rarely any rain.

We will be down the beach at Dreams VM next month.

Given a choice, I would take the Palce. Newer and more upscale and less likely to have as many kids. And at the Palace, you can use all the facilities (except the evening ala cartes) at the Vallarta.

Petaluma, California
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
reviews: 29
2. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico or Riu Vallarta

I agree with Senorbobo. Been to both the Vallarta and Jalisco and the both can be very crowded and noisy. We walked over to the Palace last year from the Jalisco and it was way less crowded, seemed more "under control" and was beautiful. We booked it for this years trip Oct. 16-24th. The Palace doesn't have a disco but you can walk to the others for that. Beautiful time of year. Have a great trip!

Morrison, CO
reviews: 11
3. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico or Riu Vallarta

I agree with both previous posts. Went to the Vallarta 5-6 years ago and would NOT go back. I believe the Vallarta has a lot more rooms, making the layout somewhat of a rabbit warren. The beach restaurant was disappointing. And, at that time attracted lots of bees. The beach area was wonderful. Lots of palm trees. Lots of space.

The Palace also has a great beach. The overall facility has a much more calmer feel to it. I also thought the rooms were nicer. The Vallarta has a just curtain separating the room from the bathroom. We were just at the Palace in January and are booked to go back in November.

Mountain View, CA
reviews: 7
4. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico or Riu Vallarta

stayed at both Vallarta and Palace and prefer the Palace, especially because as mentioned you can if staying at Palace you can use the Vallarta and Jalisco anyways.

Palace has better food, facility, service, etc. in my opinion.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
reviews: 62
5. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico or Riu Vallarta

I agree , for that amount of money..go for the Pacifico Palace.

We have been to the Vallarta 5 times in 3 years..Love it there... but Yes it can get Lots of Kids.

One thing about the Palace... there is NO separate Kids pool...so people complain about kids splashing. and as Mentioned NO disco..you have to walk approx 5blocks to the Jalisco, or One condo further to the Vallarta .

Note: Mtn2Sea.... sorry to say...but the Curtain Deal is at the Jalisco NOT the Vallarta.

Vancouver, B.C.
reviews: 3
6. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico or Riu Vallarta

Don't do the Vallarta, it was dissappointing as it was overbooked and crowded. Visited the Palace and it was better.

Morrison, CO
reviews: 11
7. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico or Riu Vallarta

Yup, JoLee, that WAS the Jalisco! Sorry. Still in the Palace corner, tho.

Anaheim Hills, CA
reviews: 14
8. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico or Riu Vallarta

Been to the Palace 3 times. We will walk over and spend a bit of time at the Vallarta, but if you can stay at the Palace do so. My husband and I are a couple in our late 30's and enjoy the things you mentioned in your post. That being said, the Palace is the place for you!

N.H.
reviews: 1
9. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico or Riu Vallarta

Hands down........................The Palace.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 6
10. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico or Riu Vallarta

The Palace is also closer to Bucerias for a walk into town for shopping or lunch.