We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Velas - Calling USA

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 3
Grand Velas - Calling USA

Hello,

What would be the best way to call the US from the Grand Velas? I am sure that calling from the room would be very expensive. Is there a calling card that we can buy in town and use at a payphone. How about getting it at the airport before we leave for the hotel? Any payphones at the Hotel?

Thanks

Massachusetts
reviews: 3
1. Re: Grand Velas - Calling USA

How about using Skype. We just heard about this. Has anyone used it from the hotels?

Thanks

Bardonia new york
reviews: 1
2. Re: Grand Velas - Calling USA

what I usually do is buy an MCI telephone card at Costco or one of those big discount storesand give it to my daughter as it cost a lot less for her to call us at a certain time that we know we will be in the unit....mostly around breakfast or early evening...it cost 17 cents per minute from New York to Cancun so PV might be a little more.....also if you write down all the pin numbers you can use it from P V to call the states and it is 35 cents per minute...the card cost 20.00 and well worth it.....it is good for 700 minutes in the states and is re-chargeable

Iowa
reviews: 10
3. Re: Grand Velas - Calling USA

Do you have cell service? You could check with your provider. I used Verizon at Nuevo Vallarta in Dec. - it was $.69 a minute. Not bad.