We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin encounter-do you need advance reservations

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northbrook, Illinois
reviews: 2
Dolphin encounter-do you need advance reservations

We are going to be in Nuevo Vallarta from 12/31 to 1/7 (can't wait!) We have a 15 yr old and a 13 yr old. Is the dolphin encounter worth the money? Do we need to reserve in advance? Also, is admission to the water park included in the price? I will be very grateful for any advice.

Bucerias, Mexico
1. Re: Dolphin encounter-do you need advance reservations

I took my young kids to the dolphin encounter

and they really enjoyed the experience.The dolphin swim is a little more money but worth

it my opinion.This is the peak of the tourist season and both the dolphin facilities are quite busy so yes it would be a good idea to book in advance. The waterpark admission is included for anyone going on a dolphin excursion.Of course theres always plenty of dolphins in the wild

and you have a good chance of seeing whales,turtles and mantarays on a variety of bay cruises.

reviews: 680
2. Re: Dolphin encounter-do you need advance reservations

Yes, it is worth it. This is a wonderful experience. The full swim is much better than the encounter, however - you'll be well advised to skip the encounter and do the full swim unless you are afraid of the water.

Yes, you will need to reserve right away if you're going this week. The cruise ships really buy up the encounters. It is very difficult to get in this time of year on such short notice.