We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best block to stay, for rooms and view at R. Decameron?

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 36
Best block to stay, for rooms and view at R. Decameron?

We are going here the week of Nov. 26 and noticed all the constructions complaints. Do you think it will be done by then? Also, what is a good block to stay in for either a nice ocienview. Thanks

omaha,ne
reviews: 2
1. Re: Best block to stay, for rooms and view at R. Decameron?

No I don't believe the constuction will be done by then.We were there a week ago and it seemed a long way from done.Block one is the best for ocean view-but also has the older rooms.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 36
2. Re: Best block to stay, for rooms and view at R. Decameron?

How much of a pain was the construction? Enough of a deterent to wish you hadn't gone there? I am really wanting to go to this property but i worry about some of the reviews. My cousin went last year and said it was great.

Corpus Christi, Tx
reviews: 1
3. Re: Best block to stay, for rooms and view at R. Decameron?

We just returned on the 26th, and the construction did not detract from our wonderful vacation. We stayed in Block 5 Rm 2417, and were not disturbed by any construction of the new block. Block 5 views are of the large and lovely adult pool which was all adult & this was honored. We spent time there in the late afternoon to cool off. Also, there is a bar there open until 10:00. Breakfast and lunch buffets were available in the immediate vicinity as well as the larger restaurant near the beach. The remodeling of the restaurants near block 4 were evident, but not enough to bother someone at the beach bar in that area or the beach/palapa area which was the area we enjoyed the most. The pool right next to it was full of family and kids the whole time the construction was going on. There are only two a la carte restaurants, so for those who enjoyed the others in previous visits, I could see how these would be missed. This resort is a good value for the money, not really classy, but we definitely had a good time.