We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Velus

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alameda, California
reviews: 11
Grand Velus

We will be staying here next week. We are very familiar with Nuevo Vallarta and all inclusives. Is it hard to get reservations in the specilaty restaurants here? ALso, what has the weather been like at night if anyone has been in this area in the past few weeks? Do I need a sweater at night? Pants? We are staying here thru our RCI trade. The person who got that Costco deal did FAB!

Granite Bay, CA
reviews: 3
1. Re: Grand Velus

We are happy owners at the Grand Velas. Our most recent trip was in November and we never had a problem getting reservations in the speciality restaurants (and we had a party of six). Azul, the restaurant by the beach, is wonderful too. There is an awesome buffet there and a great menu, but don't let that stop you. You can order just about anything your heart desires and they will not dissapoint you. Our last night there we ordered prawns, red snapper, and scallops all for one meal. Take advantage of the poolside bar and snack service too. Shrimp tempera, shrimp ceasar salad and shrimp cocktail were our favorites! I know you are familiar with all inclusives, but I'll bet that the Grand Velas will blow you away! Have fun.

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 17
2. Re: Grand Velus

Don't know anything about the Grand Velas, but have just returned from PV. Stayed at the Samba in Nuevo Vallarta which was very nice. Weather was fantastic, sometimes a little chilly in the early morning, but by 9:30 it was hot. Nights were mostly warm, and we didn't need sweaters at all. Late afternoons on the beach occasionally got a little cool, but then it seemed to warm up again after that. I would take a couple of light sweaters and some light pants for the short time you'll need them.

Canada
3. Re: Grand Velus

Hi there, we are looking at Grand Velus, also using a bonus week throught RCI. I thougt the price was a little steep, they quoted $125.00 per person per day, over and above the bonus. We are new as to how to use the RCI so, not to sure if it is worth it. What are your thoughts on the resort? Food etc.

Whci room did you select? any recommendations on that??

Hope tp hear back

DL.

Canada
4. Re: Grand Velus

Hi there Sparks,

We are considering atrip to Grand Velus, using a bous week through RCI. Must say we thought it was a little high in the price, they quoted $125.00 US per person per day plus the cost to RCI, with a Bonus week. what are your thought on this, is it worth it. We are new to the RCI thing and find it a little confusing!! Did you like the accomodations and food Yes??

Anything else we should know about ?

Ciao

Maine
5. Re: Grand Velus

We are going in April. Most reviews I have read have been outstanding. We too traded through RCI. The 125 might sound steep at first but not if you try to book it through the hotel (not a bright move) or on one of the discount sites like Expedia or Travelocity, way. way above the 125 per person!! Some people are paying over 600 a night there. PV owns a time share there and has been unbelievably helpful in all kinds of things. One note to PV -- someone in the forum asked about "tummy troubles", I'm assuming there are none at this fine resort, am I right???

Granite Bay, CA
6. Re: Grand Velus

No tummy troubles. By the way, if anyone is looking to rent my timeshare week for 2005, I'm looking to sell my week. I'm not looking to make any money off the deal. Just not able to make the trip so soon after our fantastic stay in November of 2004. Here's the scoop:

It is time for me to book my week so if you let me know ASAP, I can ask for a specific week. The only weeks I can't book are the week before Easter and the week between Christmas and New Years.

I bought 50 weeks. My weekly cost came to $300 per week.

My maintenance fee for one week comes to $800 per week.

The all inclusive fee for members (or my guests) is $78/per person/per day. For members (or guests of members) that includes all food, drinks, room service, and (best of all) two massages per day per room!

So, if someone wanted to rent my week, I would charge them $300 + $800 and then you would pay the all inclusive fee at check in. That comes to a little more than $300 per/day for a couple. The massages alone price out at $100 per day.

Anyone interested? Just post to the attention of Grand Velas because I always look.

Maine
7. Re: Grand Velus

Thanks AGAIN PV!! If I hadn't already traded my week, I'd scoop yours up. What a deal ... and MASSAGES EVERY DAY!!!